Author Topic: Ouch..  (Read 1119 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Ouch..
« on: November 13, 2014, 10:48:24 AM »
Silly question, please feel free to give silly answers.

A few weeks ago, I noticed our portable AC exhaust vent was pointed at the bottom row of one of our ink shelves for a few hours. :o  Amongst the inks on that shelf were two gallons of One Stroke Production White, but the exhaust was aimed more toward a gallon of WB ink so I didn't think much of it at the time, and just made sure it didn't happen again. 

Fast forward to today when we pull the Production White off the shelf (for the first time since the incident) and it is no longer very creamy, and won't even clear a 150S. I'm guessing that reducing a poly white would also reduce its dye blocking capability, but we do have reducer and softhand in house if it would help.  Is there any way of saving the ink at this point, or should I just chalk it up to myself being a dumbass and order new ink?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Ouch..
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:20 AM »
I assume you stirred the heck out of it...

trash it and start over, likely you gelled the ink, and doing anything to it won't fix it... see the thread about the poly inks and summer shipping temperatures.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Re: Ouch..
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
I assume you stirred the heck out of it...

trash it and start over, likely you gelled the ink, and doing anything to it won't fix it... see the thread about the poly inks and summer shipping temperatures.

Well, its not the answer I wanted to hear (this stuff is expen$ive), but it is the one I was expecting.  Thanks for the info.   8)
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL