Author Topic: guns, guns and more guns . . .  (Read 38006 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: guns, guns and more guns . . .
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »
watched the vid.  Very cool. Seems like the 2nd gun was a 38 (guessing) and surprised to see how much compression it had near the cylinder that comes out.  Also surprised to see how much they lower and raise in the water. Thought it would just go straight.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2013, 08:04:22 PM »
My son just came in and he's a gun guy. I showed him the vid just now and he said, "I just watched these same guys on youtube doing the same thing with an AK".
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »
My son just came in and he's a gun guy. I showed him the vid just now and he said, "I just watched these same guys on youtube doing the same thing with an AK".

There is a link at the end of that video to the AK video. The AK video they explain what is going on with science.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
My buddy and I got to shoot a .50 Cal the other day.  My landlord was nice enough to let us shoot HER gun.  Nothing pulls your man card quicker than a short 100lb girl coming out of her gun safe with a 50 almost as tall as her and taking us out in the pasture in her H1 Hummer to fire $11 bullets. 

Adam shooting the 50 Cal.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
Wow that was loud, what if you have to fire this big gun in a situation
and can`t find ear muffs right away

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »
Wow that was loud, what if you have to fire this big gun in a situation
and can`t find ear muffs right away

I wouldn't recommend that.  LOL

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
My question is, why does YouTube allow 1080p if they are never going to allow their servers the ability to serve out such a resolution?!

I have a fiber connection here that can easily pull 2MB/sec down (16mb, though I pay for 10) with VERY little latency (scary sometimes).  Yet youtube chokes on anything above 720p.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »
My question is, why does YouTube allow 1080p if they are never going to allow their servers the ability to serve out such a resolution?!

I have a fiber connection here that can easily pull 2MB/sec down (16mb, though I pay for 10) with VERY little latency (scary sometimes).  Yet youtube chokes on anything above 720p.

Uploaded as full, but they compress it of course.  It's stupid. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »

I just picked up this little gun over the holidays.  It's a low-mid level Para-USA Elite 1911.  Para has had QC issues in the past especially when they moved their production facility from Canada to North Carolina but over the past few years it seems as if they've gotten their quality standards up so I took a chance on this pistol.  100 rounds through it with no failures of any kind so I feel confident Para got this one right.  A month or so ago my dad got a cheap Rock Island 1911 and it's solid and after shooting a high end SVI for a while I got the itch to get the 1911 platform.  Although the polymer framed pistols have their place, nothing in my opinion beats the looks and feel of the 1911.  I'll still shoot the XDM 45 and XD 40 from time to time, but this pistol has quickly become my favorite and even though it's larger than the XD 40, I'll be carrying this gun most of the time.

I think as I get more into the 1911 I'll start customizing this gun with a few personal touches and perhaps some higher end components on the inside but for right now it's a decent pistol that feels great to shoot.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2014, 10:19:45 AM »
This is what i have. a S&W 32 with a 2" barrel. I am not a gun guy but this was my fathers. Not the one in the pic but exactly the same, he had it since he was in the marines and we used to target practice all the time in the back yard. I know its small but if someone came in to my place with bad intentions trust me it will stop a person in their tracks.
"No man is an island"

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2014, 10:45:57 AM »
I had a Ruger 9mm semiautomatic that I'd bought for protection when I was in a warehouse. The only failures I ever had with it was with PMC range ammo, and then maybe two or three misfeeds out of a box of 50.
This past year I was getting a lot of failure-to-feeds and failure-to-ejects. I always kept the gun clean and could never figure out where the problem was, until I used some 2-year old ammo that shot perfectly. Just a guess, but I was suspicious that with the ammo shortages, if maybe some of the lower-priced rounds were lacking in quality-control. Mechanically I could find nothing wrong with the gun. After getting my concealed carry permit, I got a bit spooked as to the reliability of the gun.
Traded it in for a Ruger LCR 38sp + p. 1/3 the available rounds, but at least when I pull the trigger, I know it'll fire. A bit more difficult to fire accurately, too, with such a short barrel, but light enough to slip in a pocket without your pants sagging.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2014, 10:46:50 AM »
you know guns kill people we should outlaw them all!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2014, 11:13:29 AM »
Please try to keep this section more about the appreciation of guns and not so much (the fight to keep them).  Keep that in the cage.

Family guns passed down seem to be the best. I wish I still had my grandfathers guns. He had nice collectables.  + a 1892 (old Betsy) double barrel shot gun. The barrel was super long. I remember the ends of the barrels being so thin tho. Had a lot of use.

My father-in-law had his fathers German Luger from WW1.   We've shot that. Nice.  My son just bought his first rifle. A Russian Mosin NagantThey are very common, THe Russians made millions of them but pretty darned accurate from a distance but very heavy also.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
I've got an old Stevens .22/.410 that my dad had as a kid.  What is awesome right now is The Judge has made .410 rounds much easier to obtain...and some of them are awesome...like this one:
http://www.winchester.com/Products/New-Products/Pages/pdx1-410.aspx 

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:10 PM »
When trying to state a point, name calling like "Repukes" isn't going to win anybody to your side.

banning certain guns won't have an effect since most gun deaths are from handguns that are illegally obtained.

Sorry Brad but I am getting sick and tired of a certain political group and their constituents constantly lying and putting words in other peoples mouths.

LOL Sam, way to take a perfectly good thread and throw it in the Cage!.  :P

I love guns and shooting and I've been digging this thread... looks like many of the fellow Cage-bangers here on the Left also have them. I know many others who do, as well as many Right-wingers who wouldn't have them in their house if you gave them one. Goes to show that reality is different from the one being peddled by those who want to tell us how to think.

So back to the original intent of this thread... has anyone here ever done Practical Shooting competitions? What a rush!

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs