Author Topic: Mustang or Camaro  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Croft

Re: Mustang or Camaro
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 08:09:07 AM »
65/66 mustangs have the highest production numbers. Which is why the 66 that is sitting in my garage is still worth nothing

if its a fastback i'll buy it

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
if its a fastback i'll buy it

nothing duct tape and cardboard can't fix.. ;)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
My wife wants a 66 mustang, one day I'll get her one because she let me get my vette I've always wanted.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 07:57:10 AM »
I always think about selling it.  My dad gave it to me when I turned 16 so I probably never will. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »
They can get the horsepower but not the torque which I think is more of the feel of driving a retro car. The pin you to the seat type of feeling.

turbo is a torque generating beast! engine half the size can have more torque if done right. That 2.0 liter 450HP engine can be cranking 500ft/lbs of torque which is probably significantly more than the big V8. I used to think the same way, had a 400HP V8 (BMW M5) until I bought the twin turbo V6 (Audi A6). Even with two turbos and very little lag, those things would kick you in the back once up to speed. My current car is also a V8 with a lot more horse power than the twin turbo, but it just does not have that kick.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 07:52:46 AM »
I think I drove that car ;)