Author Topic: Chinese made mesh  (Read 2721 times)

Offline islandtees

Chinese made mesh
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:46 PM »
I noticed a company in Ca who sells mesh at real low prices. I emailed and verified it is made in China. I got the specs and they match sefar specs. Anyone buy and use this mesh? What are your thoughts?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Chinese made mesh
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »
I believe that at least some Sefar comes from China.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:25:10 AM »
The Chinese invented screen printing about 2000 years ago, ya would think they would get at least that right????????? :P
talk about full circle
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 11:41:41 AM »
We get calls and emails from companies all the time that have the 'best' deals on mesh. While the open area, thread diameter and mesh counts are the same, they are usually not a low elongation mesh - which means they will just keep stretching and stretching until there is no tension on them. You'll probably get frustrated with the cheaper stuff in very little time.

If you need a more cost effective way of doing it, check out products like Sefar's eMesh or Saati B-Side fabric... We've extensively tested both and had good results. Actually, Sefar eMesh is what we are using as one of the fabrics for our relaunch of our E-Con line of fabric panels... Ooops, did I just let that slip out?
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »
they are usually not a low elongation mesh - which means they will just keep stretching and stretching until there is no tension on them. You'll probably get frustrated with the cheaper stuff in very little time.

Yep! The chin mesh is cheap for a reason, it's real duty is filtration. You tension and tension and tension and what's happening is the thread is becoming thinner and thinner. So not only is your tension always shifting, your mesh opening is increasing over time before it ends up popping on press mid run.

Stick with a brand name mesh and keep piece of mind. 

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline islandtees

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 11:13:41 PM »
We get calls and emails from companies all the time that have the 'best' deals on mesh. While the open area, thread diameter and mesh counts are the same, they are usually not a low elongation mesh - which means they will just keep stretching and stretching until there is no tension on them. You'll probably get frustrated with the cheaper stuff in very little time.

If you need a more cost effective way of doing it, check out products like Sefar's eMesh or Saati B-Side fabric... We've extensively tested both and had good results. Actually, Sefar eMesh is what we are using as one of the fabrics for our relaunch of our E-Con line of fabric panels... Ooops, did I just let that slip out?
The company verified it is a LE mesh. They say they have many auto shops using it with no problem. Also shops that stretch and restretch thier own screens, say no problem. I need to find someone who is using it to tell for sure.
I also see that Sonny from  Xenon carries a mesh about the same price but he says made in Italy. Im going to look into that also.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:16:20 PM by islandtees »

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:14:23 AM »
As a rule the best mesh for the industry comes from the Swiss, Italians and Japanese.  These would be Tetko (Swiss) DynoMesh (Japan) and Xenon (Italian).
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »
Sonny is 100% right that the Europeans have tended to have a quality and performance advantage with the screen-printing mesh that they have produced over the years.  Although the NBC DynaMesh and Nitoku (sp?) Murakami meshes out of Japan have also exhibited good performance in recent times.  The reality of the situation is that there isn’t a lot of difference in the Monofilament thread, and the Looms used in the weaving process used to manufacture screen-printing meshes regardless of where the manufacturer is based. 

For example for the longest time both Saati of Italy, and Sefar from Switzerland both used a common thread manufacturer, although that might have changed in recent times.  No. the secret to high performing mesh extends beyond high quality yarn and precision weaving into how the fabric is finished to include dyeing, heat setting, stabilization, and other processes such as plasma treatment. 

My own view is that although the low cost Chinese mesh manufacturers might have gotten the weaving part down, they still have a ways to go when it comes to finishing the raw mesh off to create a high quality precision product.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662