Author Topic: Family Feud...  (Read 3664 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Family Feud...
« on: October 03, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
Last summer I did a job for a family reunion. The lady that I dealt with was very nice. I did a lot of hand holding and lot of phone time. It turned out to be more job than I bargained for... Less shirts than promised but I did charge more. Towards the end I detected some family squabbling and listen to a couple of sob stories. We got the shirts done and got paid with a money order. Happy ending... Not so fast. I get a call from a guy claiming to be a "family elder" (what ever the f'ck that is) and wants a copy of the invoice. At first I said I'll email it and he doesn't do email. I took down his addy and told him I'll mail it. Now I'm thinking, I didn't do biz with him so now I'll just blow it off. He calls again and so I call the lady I dealt with. She says don't send the old goat anything. I'll handle it. I'm loyal to the people who I do biz with. So do I wait for a legal order?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:19:52 PM by Donnie »

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Family Feud...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »
That's what I would do.

I'd possibly tell the guy (if I liked him and WANTED to help him out) that I can QUOTE you for a similar job if you need. :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
I wonder if the "elder" thinks she claimed that she paid a little more and pocketed some cash.  ::)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 07:07:04 PM »
That's what I'm thinking Andy.  If she did, I don't condone it but that's not my problem, yet.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 07:08:28 PM »
Legally, if he's not the one that placed the order, he's not entitled to see anything. It's not his order. It's not his business.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
I just feel obligated to the people who contracted the work. Now, if they want to go through the trouble of hiring an attorney to make it other wise, that's a different story.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »
And for the record, next year I'm too damn busy at twice the price.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 11:14:09 PM »
nothing will come of it.  legal fees will cost more than it's worth

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 10:22:14 AM »
I listen to whomever has the money. anyone else can take it up with that person.

I scored a nice account for a sports complex, my neighbor happens to be the swim coach on. He ordered some shirts and the club paid for those through their corp account, tax exempt. on the side, he also wanted decals for all the parents cars, so we made them, HE paid cash....well the manager of the whole place came in and told me NOT to make the decals. I said He paid for them personally, I have to produce them...she reamed me out for about two days, calling and saying everyone in town will never do business with me again, blah blah blah....she demanded to see the invoices and I directed her to the coach...she STILL hates me...we ended up tossing out about 100 decals and the coach eventually got squeezed out of a job and I lost the account....she happens to be my daughters swim coach and has no idea it's me haha....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »
I am so glad 95% of my sales are B to B.....Very few schools, churches, family reunions, etc.....And most importantly very few PITAs like this....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »
This last one smells more like possible unauthorized use of name or logo

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 10:58:47 AM »
Sounds like the old guy (wait a minute, I'm one of those) has delusions of grandeur. As said, you only have to deal with the person who hired you, it's none of his business.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
Sounds like the old guy (wait a minute, I'm one of those) has delusions of grandeur. As said, you only have to deal with the person who hired you, it's none of his business.

Steve

Not to cast aspersions on Donnie's fine home state of Oklahoma, but if I let my mind wander at all, I get visions of the hill folk in one of those butcher/slasher movies, and I might not want to cross "the family elders"  :o

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »

Steve

Not to cast aspersions on Donnie's fine home state of Oklahoma, but if I let my mind wander at all, I get visions of the hill folk in one of those butcher/slasher movies, and I might not want to cross "the family elders"  :o

Don't think that I have not heard banjo music and pig squealing in my head. The "elder's" phone is out of Kansas though, just across the border.  Too close for comfort. 

Interesting side note, I ran into the local newspaper guy and he asked me if I had received a call from a guy in Kansas who had called the paper office looking for the name of my company. He gave him the name of the company but not my number. I assume he called information. I told Mark, the paper guy, "F you very much." Anyway, I blocked his number and will proceed with a go screw yourself position until he shows up. :o

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »
You would think the newspaper guy would have told him that's not his job, use the internet. Geez, it's not like you're in a secret bunker a mile underground... or are you? (diminished chord) I'm outta here, have a good weekend everyone.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't