Author Topic: awesome handdrawn font collection for $39  (Read 1481 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
awesome handdrawn font collection for $39
« on: October 03, 2014, 04:05:21 PM »
I've been buying stuff from these guys and it is usually pretty good, but for anybody looking for the trendy hand drawn fonts, this is a gold mine!
http://www.designcuts.com/design-cuts-deals/30-best-selling-creative-fonts/

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: awesome handdrawn font collection for $39
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »
Hey that is awesome. Just bought it, thanks for the heads up. That's the price of a single Letterhead font!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »
I just passed the link on th our art department. They said we already use it. It must be good.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »
 :o Hard to swallow that it's really a discount of 97%  ???, but at the price listed seems reasonable.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »
I just bought it. Seem like nice fonts, but what sold me was all the addons. Lots of variants, flourishes, and design elements included. Wil come in handy for all the wedding invites I do...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:11:32 PM by mimosatexas »

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »
Way cool! Thanks Pierre.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 09:19:24 AM »
Great deal thanx P!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »
After buying an earlier package from them, I'm on their email list too. Lots of good deals, if you need them. I've bought a couple, and passed on a few, but always worth looking at. About a half dozen of those I wouldn't probably use, but it's a great deal anyway. Kinda on the fence...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 12:09:43 PM »
After buying an earlier package from them, I'm on their email list too. Lots of good deals, if you need them. I've bought a couple, and passed on a few, but always worth looking at. About a half dozen of those I wouldn't probably use, but it's a great deal anyway. Kinda on the fence...

Steve

I think I bought 3-4 of the deals they had. My thinking is even if I use it once it will pay for it self. Reality is, anybody designing will find stuff like this helpful. Sources for the currently trendy fonts are scarce and about the same price as the package. If I get a couple of years out of it (until something else becomes popular), it's worth it!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »
I mostly use free fonts like from dafont, and many of those are knockoffs of the big boy expensive fonts, but they rarely include any extra symbols and often don't even have numbers.  Maybe of them also scale funny or have low detail compared to nicer fonts.  No way in hell am I going to pay a bunch of money for individual fonts though, so deals like this are great.  I agree, if you even get a handful of uses out of them and it saves having to sort through 1000's of crappy free fonts during a design it is worth the money.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »
unless one can find someone selling Letterhead or House Industries fonts for a song, good luck with that, these are a great deal because they are professional fonts. I like most of us, have a ton of crappy fonts to satisfy some customer's wishes along the way, but truly elegant and well thought out fonts are usually pretty expensive. I think I will make the leap as I've had a number of folks looking for the retro style lately, and these make putting something together that's nice, simple and clean rather easy, especially for those end users that think art is free...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »
Pierre turned me on to one of these, and we bought it.  freaking awesome, it's paid for itself 10x over. Thanks again Pierre.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 09:22:19 AM »
I wanted to skip buying this one, failed :)

Over time, I bought 4-5 different bundles from these guys. Decided to cut back on spending a bit but I could not pass on this one.
Only interested in 5-6 of the fonts, but the bundle is worth buying.