Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1221 times)

Offline TTSW

Hello
« on: September 14, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a small, one man shop here in Southern California. I have a "fairly successful" line of tees and hoodies, etc that I print to order and sell retail through my own site and a couple retailers. By successful, I mean, it started as a hobby basically a 2.5 years back, then grew to a full time thing after about a year and a half. It's still got a ways to go, but it's getting there.

When I say small shop, I mean small. Small Vastex press and very small dryer, everything hand printed to order. I do a good amount of business though. Well...enough to survive here in SoCal. But we are looking to move out of state soon, and hopefully that will mean a bigger shop and a bigger DRYER first and foremost!

I've recently started converting over to water based inks from plastisol as well.

I used to post at the other forum every now and then, but can no longer take it over there. 

I'm self taught and while I feel I have a decent grasp on stuff, I love screen printing because I learn something new, and am humbled by it daily.

I'm hoping to gain even more knowledge from you guys. And really hoping I don't see the standard "just heat press your rough hoodie prints" response that I see over at the "other place".  ;D

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:27:43 PM »
Welcome. We always have room for another whore here. (lest anyone is shocked, he is the T shirt whore by name)
Glad you made the transition to here from "the other place" Sorry that it took you 2.5 years though. Kinda' like those schools that have a Junior Ist grade for the kids finishing Kindergarten, but not quite ready to make the whole step.

Not saying that there isn't anything pertinent over there, just that you will really notice a difference on experience level over here.

Once again, welcome.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TTSW

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »
Ha-ha! How did you know it was me? I thought I was being undercover? :)

Not sure why I still go over there to be honest. I'm actually a bit busy so I rarely do. But WHEN I do, it's very frustrating!

Glad to be here. Maybe I can be of some help to somebody at some point.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »
Welcome. If I were to have written an introduction for myself it would be very similar. (I never did like that kinda thing...especially in school...alright stand up and tell the class about your summer vacation.)

Brandon

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »
Welcome! I am a newbie here myself and have found this a daily visit for me. Great people and information.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »
Welcome aboard here, great folks here, willing to help. I also started with a 4 color, 4 station Vastex and small Cincinnati Dryer. It really pays to start with decent equipment so that it's one less thing to worry about. Good move... and good luck to you in your venture.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:27:43 PM »
waaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!  ;D

Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com