Author Topic: i-Image in the house!  (Read 39077 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: i-Image in the house!
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
Some of you could about afford a DTS just on the wasted time discussing it on the internet.

this ^^^^

we turn between 50-80 screens a week... and are very close to pulling the trigger.

We do a little bit more, and man it's been so helpful!

So you wouldn't do with out one now?

i wouldn't go back at all. and we aren't even using the tri-loc yet
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2014, 07:05:05 PM »
::)

Hopefully there will be a few CTS's's's's's's's at the ISS Ft. Worth this year because last year there was...wait for it....1 for me to look at.

I'm sure we all remember the 11 month ROI thread and that famous CTS.  That thing must be practically printing money by now...lucky.

Good ole Sam.  Some suggest that ROI doesn't matter at all, they would never live with out it again.  Those are powerful statements from guys like Bim, Danny, and Dirk.  Do you have a column for that on your fancy ROI sheet? 

I don't have a fancy ROI sheet and why would I need to add a column about statements from guys that I respect about a technology that I like?  Is this another thread where you pee on people's shoes and tell them it's raining?  Or one that you try and convince us you're a genius because you bought a jackhammer to hammer a few nails?  Sometimes I feel like Kenny Powers is on this forum.       

And for those who may not know or remember correctly about my CTS argument, it was simply that Sam's supposed ROI was BS, along with a bunch of other claims that were made I might add.  He left a lot of things out of his argument and never told the whole story.     

So let's make this clear once and for all:  I believe CTS is the greatest technology the screen printing industry has seen in 20 years.  I DON'T BELIEVE that a shop that was doing 15 screens a day could see an ROI of 11 months on a $30-50K machine unless they were INCREDIBLY inefficient at pre-press and setup.  And I feel more than just a little vindicated in my argument these days.  Seems I was right about a lot of things but who's keeping score?

Sometimes I feel like I am on a forum where some shops want to pretend its not time yet for some of the smaller guys to get into whatever. I never defended Sam's numbers, only said that I think some of you aren't thinking of complete picture which you can't always figure on a ROI chart and we've got several guys saying nobody will never understand until you have one.  Since they have had one, and haven't had one, ill take those statements over some guys chattin about it over a spreadsheet.  I mean logic and all ya know.

Ive never said I would get a ROI in 11 months so whatever he claimed is on him. I couldn't care less if the ROI was 100 years if it makes my shops life easier and faster then thats all the ROI I need, its the smile factor. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2014, 07:05:55 PM »
Around 70k impressions last I looked.

You're the king of the internet. Pics or it didn't happen....

You got it buttercup.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 07:09:31 PM »
I forgot you bought it used....

like a loser.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about dts by now but I'll make this statement. If I were to start from scratch building my company from the ground up, personally I would have purchased a dts to pair with an automatic right from the get go. Regardless of the qty of screens per day. Right now we are doing around 50 screens per day on average with the average setup under 1 minute per screen. I look at our dts as the most important machine I have right now next to our dryer but like others have said throw the roi numbers out as there's much more roi that you will not see until the machine is in production. I know 100% we would not be getting anywhere near the amount of jobs done without our dts, and ever since we went dts my stress level has been way lower. If we were still printing film I would probably be paying for a heart surgery by now LOL
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »
I forgot you bought it used....

like a loser.

Ya it had 2 or 3k impressions on it pumpkin. i know those things drive you nuts.   

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »
That's a lot of distressed wood grain sweetheart!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 07:36:07 PM »

What are you printing?  Dumb asses sitting on a porch drinking cheap beer?   

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »
If I were to start from scratch building my company from the ground up, personally I would have purchased a dts to pair with an automatic right from the get go.

Absolutely! But if I had $100K to start a business from the git' I'd be doing something other than printing shirts, that's for sure.
Well, maybe not. But it would be a tough decision.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »

Ooooohhhhh, slick burn! Don't you have some Facebook spamming or parent whipping to get to?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 07:44:05 PM »

Ooooohhhhh, slick burn! Don't you have some Facebook spamming or parent whipping to get to?

Are seriously trying to insult me for giving my parents some work to do on the weekends that they want and asked to do to supplement their income? That's impressive how large of a douche bag you really are. I am sure you've got it spun in your head differently though and again whatever let's you sleep better at night bud.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2014, 08:04:06 PM »
I'm just glad I now know how to get under your skin, just like you do to every one around you.

Let's get this straight. I don't believe you or most anything you say. You're a braggart and a blowhard.
And as far as I'm concerned, a liar. I've never seen anyone that has actually earned their ups
flaunting it as you do. That alone questions the validity.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2014, 08:30:24 PM »
I'm just glad I now know how to get under your skin, just like you do to every one around you.

Let's get this straight. I don't believe you or most anything you say. You're a braggart and a blowhard.
And as far as I'm concerned, a liar. I've never seen anyone that has actually earned their ups
flaunting it as you do. That alone questions the validity.

You have yet to touch a real nerve...   Try harder big guy.   I came from a super poor and small town.  So ya I'm proud as hell of where I am and what I've done from a initial $10 investment starting a business in a apartment.  I wasn't going anywhere growing up in that town... Nobody every really does.  I don't need your respect, approval, or help.  That's what really drives you nuts about me.  I don't care if you believe anything I say. 

Are you arrogant enough to belive that what you think about me changes a single detail about my life?  I hope your not that stupid. 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2014, 09:14:59 PM »
We are talking about a price of machinery, not love or some other emotion... Of course it can be quantified.  If it increases x then that equates to a quantifiable number that you can add up.

Some ppl had magic ROI's because they never revealed to us that they bought a machine that cost a fraction of the machine and numbers that were being discussed.  It seems many ppl like to let ppl draw their own conclusions when they buy something less than what others possibly think they are buying.

Offline starchild

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2014, 11:44:35 PM »
We are talking about a price of machinery, not love or some other emotion...

Some ppl had magic ROI's because they never revealed to us that they bought a machine that cost a fraction of the machine

The benefits of this repurposed-reversed engineered pieces of equipment is readily obvious..

This debated topic however takes the responsibility away from the builder of answering about justified ROI and protects the practice of overpricing-

Def- Prices are heavily marked up by businesses that sell commonplace items (An Epson printer in this case) augmented by unique "benefits." With the heavy markup and improved quality, the business narrows its target market (It only makes sense if you are doing x amount of screens-cough revenue). Most consumers (us) are unwilling to pay such a high price for a few extra benefits.