Author Topic: member of the year/quarter/month?  (Read 3819 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Re: member of the year/quarter/month?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »
Alan

Is the reason my shop is everything good that it is!

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me as well.  Another vote for Alan here.

I'd also like to give a nod to Alex TCT for using the words "sir" and "douchebag" in the same sentence.  ;D
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »
Hey Alan, can I borrow your book?!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 10:00:20 AM »
Wow, I don't know what to say.  I'm flattered beyond words to have been mentioned by even one.  I've been helped and inspired by so many here, pretty much all the regular posters have provided me with ways to make our shop better.  It would be my vote to share this book with as many people as possible and having it sent around from shop to shop would be awesome, BUT, I can also see the book finding it's way into a cubby or desk drawer and being lost eventually.  The membership here is far more responsible than the average shop but the more opportunity there is for something to be lost, the more likely it is to happen. I can understand the authors and those who benefit financially might not like one copy being shared by so many and would much rather all of us buy it so maybe we need to take that into consideration?

I sure would love to read it, and no matter how this plays out I insist that I get to read it before you two :)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »
I've had so many good experiences here with so many helpful folks it's pretty tough, but Alan does lay out some pretty nice posts. Also, Zoo City, as I haven't seen him mentioned, but he has been very free with his experiences. In fact, when I got my 4800, he sent me some very explicit setup instructions for it, made it a breeze to get going. Pierre, Dan and Andy too, but to hell with them, they own the place ;D

Steve

ps. Do you think the book will show up in any public libraries?
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
Wow, I don't know what to say.  I'm flattered beyond words to have been mentioned by even one.  I've been helped and inspired by so many here, pretty much all the regular posters have provided me with ways to make our shop better.  It would be my vote to share this book with as many people as possible and having it sent around from shop to shop would be awesome, BUT, I can also see the book finding it's way into a cubby or desk drawer and being lost eventually.  The membership here is far more responsible than the average shop but the more opportunity there is for something to be lost, the more likely it is to happen. I can understand the authors and those who benefit financially might not like one copy being shared by so many and would much rather all of us buy it so maybe we need to take that into consideration?

I sure would love to read it, and no matter how this plays out I insist that I get to read it before you two :)

The great thing about Alan winning the book; is all the non-readers can learn what is in it when they take his class.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 07:22:20 PM »

The great thing about Alan winning the book; is all the non-readers can learn what is in it when they take his class.

Good point!! ;D

Really there are soooooooo many people here that would get my vote. Really a good bunch of guys!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 09:43:03 PM »

I'd also like to give a nod to Alex TCT for using the words "sir" and "douchebag" in the same sentence.  ;D

Hahahaha! Thanks man, I read this but it didn't register the first time(joys of multi tasking)! I believe it is possible to be dignified even while letting someone know how little you care for them....

I am REALLY hoping they make a vol. #2 that covers the history and details about all the auto presses! I could see how it may get sticky though;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 11:34:20 AM »
I nominate MikeC.  He registered on April 04, 2011, 09:15:04 AM and has never made a post.   :o

Seriously, Alan, Dave, Rich..... They all get my vote.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:44 PM »
I nominate Brad/MK2 for taking the time out of his day to call and help me out.