Author Topic: i think i just got screwed the other day......  (Read 4028 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
i think i just got screwed the other day......
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »
I went to fedex the other day as i do on a regular basis to ship some shirts in a reused box. i was told that I had to rebox my shipment because of the dent it had on one edge. I complained and said "its just freaking t-shirts they arent going to get hurt". but they claimed that they could not guarantee its safety and i would have to rebox or pay them to rebox. of corse no manager on site to override due to it being lunch time and he was at lunch as was I which made it hard for me to leave and rebox (shippment had to go that day to make deadline). Anyway i got screwed another $14 and im a  fedex card holder...wtf!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: i think i just got screwed the other day......
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »
At that point Jason, you need to firmly demand a manager, and you want to know that employees name, very firmly. You pay them, somebody there knows that. He's at lunch, then a whole lot of crap is going to rain down on him when he gets back, and the employee, because you are going to call the FedEx 800 number and get all over them. I used to back down, but I've found a little barking goes a long way. Of course, you should be in the right when you do it, and you were.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:09:02 AM »
You should have a sales rep already assigned to you, even if you don't know who it is. Call FedEx, the rep and bitch like you've never bitched before. Be professional of course, but get across with details that you were bewildered by the turn of events and. FedEx usually has amazing customer service! Maybe just a lone wolf with a Napoleon complex.

BTW, (somebody can correct me) even if you don't buy the extra insurance, you still have to specify that the value is $100 to get their free included insurance. I used to ship and when they asked "is valued at more than a $100?",  I would reply with no and that allowed them not to have to provide the included minimal insurance. By saying $100, that triggers the automatic free insurance for at least a $100 of the shipment.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
I went to fedex the other day as i do on a regular basis to ship some shirts in a reused box. i was told that I had to rebox my shipment because of the dent it had on one edge. I complained and said "its just freaking t-shirts they arent going to get hurt". but they claimed that they could not guarantee its safety and i would have to rebox or pay them to rebox. of corse no manager on site to override due to it being lunch time and he was at lunch as was I which made it hard for me to leave and rebox (shippment had to go that day to make deadline). Anyway i got screwed another $14 and im a  fedex card holder...wtf!

Yup this just happened to me Wednesday night when I was running late for UPS and Fedex was still open. The clerk said "sorry this box wont due, you'll need to buy one of ours" I replied sure you are and sent the box off at UPS the next day without a single issue other then my customer getting thier shirts a day late. Last time I use those jokers. Solution... don't use Fedex maybe when thier sales drop they'll change their new policy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:17:05 AM by endless ink printing »

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 09:25:10 AM »
They suck big time.
UPS -------> Way to go

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:05:53 AM »
They suck big time.
UPS -------> Way to go

actually in many cases it is just the opposite. I can give you numerous stories of how UPS does not have a clue and how horrible their service is . . . FedEx also delivers a day faster then UPS when using ground and their customer service ppl actually do their job. The biggest beef I have with FedEx is that they need two trucks for air and ground. Requiring a good box for shipping tells me that somebody is actually thinking and trying to make sure they provide as good of a service as possible. Now, in this case they might be overthinking a little and the clerk at the store was overstepping his boundaries, but overall FedEx seems to deliver more for less (at least has been the case in my 12 years of shipping every day).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 10:11:59 AM »
I rarely ship, but another factor that helps me decide sometimes is whether a Saturday or a Monday delivery is desired.
On regular ground, no UPS on Saturday, and no Monday with Fed Ex
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 10:19:21 AM »
I did only a few orders through FedEx, and I had some issues that I did not have with UPS.
Maybe, that was just a fluke, but my experience with UPS is way better than FedEx.
Like I said, limited experience.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
I rarely ship, but another factor that helps me decide sometimes is whether a Saturday or a Monday delivery is desired.
On regular ground, no UPS on Saturday, and no Monday with Fed Ex

FedEx Home does not deliver on Mondays. FedEx Ground does . . . Not sure what the deal is with the UPS.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »
That's another thing that confuses me with Fed Ex. They seem to have split into three separate entities; Fed Ex, Fed Ex Ground, and Fed Ex Home.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
Fedex needs to run 1 truck for the area.  3 trucks is a little bit of overkill.

I use UPS, I don't have many problems with them, which is good since their customer service number is the worst.

I did have a run in with FedEx over our account.  We used to have daily pickup when we had a customer that wanted us to use them for their packages.  So we paid the whatever a month fee for that.  Then we cancelled it and the driver kept showing up, after the 3rd day was asked him if he could take us off the daily pickup and he said yes.  A few days go by and he's showing back up because we got put back on daily pickup.  Finally when they realized we stopped paying the bill, they took us off daily pickup.  PITA

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
Fed Ex got to my shop one friday afternoon at 5:45.  I was already at home and on my second beer my then.
We try not to use them.
Quality over Quantity

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »
I ordered a volleyball, to be shipped via FedEx.

I never got it.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
Actually, I thought that this is how we usually saw Wilson

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »
I have been at this for many years......And I will take Fedex over UPS anytime....I like Fedex because I get my Monday packages on Sat by lunch.....Fedex comes by lunch most days and UPS is 5:00pm most days....UPS bashes the crap out of boxes.....