Author Topic: Permanent Blockout Screens Now Available...  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Permanent Blockout Screens Now Available...
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 09:03:15 PM »
I was about to pull the trigger on some s-mesh statics and now this... I guess I have to wait. I would love to stop taping screens!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 10:44:46 PM »
I've been wanting to do this for years now it seems like but didn't want to get away from our newmans. I've been running some static s mesh screens the last couple days and if all goes well I would be super interested in s mesh screens done this way. The amount of time/money we spend taping screens is pretty sickening to me so to eliminate that all together would be HUGE for us. Spot, once you have s mesh pricing ready to go would you please PM me. I'd be looking at 200-300 screens minimum to start

Danny, talk to Richard Greaves. Among 100 great explanations and tips, he can also tell you about permanently blocking out Newmans....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »
I was about to pull the trigger on some s-mesh statics and now this... I guess I have to wait. I would love to stop taping screens!

The blockout is a great idea and one I'd be interested in as well, but don't wait on anything before pulling the trigger on s-thread. Take it from a guy who just put his first 150s into production today and is kicking himself in the ass for not knowing about them sooner.

Also, while I'm here, would the blockout affect screen tension over time in any way?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
It does not effect tension. Cleaning and coating them takes some getting used to, but there is time/$ savings.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 06:34:23 AM »
I devoted an entire article on the tapeless screen many ys ago which described the process. Probably lost forever though.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »
we don't use tape anymore, even  on wb screens - probably taken from the good book of Tony vers 1 chapter 5 ,  we use the larger scoop coater. We tried the permanent blockout and with the larger coater, the blockout caused too much drag on the coater, making it stutter. we were using something from kiwo but I'm down to try some of these ones too. next time I order screens, these will be on the list to try.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 10:12:55 AM »
Yes that is the problem if it isn't done perfectly. The blockout can interfere with the coating process.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »
Yes that is the problem if it isn't done perfectly. The blockout can interfere with the coating process.

Yeah, that was a concern, so far, we haven't gotten any complaints, but only time will tell..??
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!