Author Topic: Where to buy Illustrator and Photoshop CS6  (Read 2485 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Where to buy Illustrator and Photoshop CS6
« on: June 18, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
Anyone know a place where one can LEGALLY purchase a copy of photoshop and illustrator cs6?  The cloud subscription does not make sense based on how we use these programs and I would like to upgrade from our current CS2 versions.  I have found the entire suite for $650 but only need photoshop and illustrator.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Where to buy Illustrator and Photoshop CS6
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »
Anyone know a place where one can LEGALLY purchase a copy of photoshop and illustrator cs6?  The cloud subscription does not make sense based on how we use these programs and I would like to upgrade from our current CS2 versions.  I have found the entire suite for $650 but only need photoshop and illustrator.

You have no need for Acrobat or InDesign?......

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:32:28 PM »

Adobe still sells the CS6 products, they are just not available in the box. You have to download it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
I guess I need to look a little harder because I didn't see it.   No need for indesign or acrobat

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:48:34 PM »
I guess I need to look a little harder because I didn't see it.   No need for indesign or acrobat
Here you go
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/topics-cs6.html?promoid=KFPPY

Top left hand corner is a buy now link

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
I bought both from Adobe directly, as upgrades (the last they offer, it's all in the cloud now).

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline starchild

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
Just a heads up on illustrator cc.. I had the chance to try it out.. The updates to this version is a strip down version of astute graphics vectorscribe and inkscribe.  So CS5 or Cs6 with astute suite of plugins and you're ahead of Ai cc.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
As an Illustrator user, I hadn't heard of Astute Graphics before, what a cool site, such useful tools

Steve

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 01:21:21 PM »
damnit... (spending paypal balance now for new toys)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 04:15:47 PM »
damnit... (spending paypal balance now for new toys)

I was drooling over the cool tools when a customer came in and saved me from spending...

Steve

Offline shurloc

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 11:43:57 AM »
I would stay away from that Ebay deal... It says one license, which means the second install was probably used to upgrade the original user to 6 and they are selling off their hard copy of 5 to pay for the upgrade. Seen this done a million times. Technically, the hard copy becomes 'unlicensed' when the upgrade happens.

That said, I think any of the boxed products bypass the system now since the only active items are the CC editions. - Ron
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter