Author Topic: let's talk film  (Read 6146 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: let's talk film
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 06:31:37 PM »
This is what you were using John?

Yep that's the stuff.

I was using JetBlack dye ink from Netemagine (filmoutputsolutions.com) as it was the darkest ink I've ever used over the years.
http://www.filmoutputsolutions.com/dyeink#bulk_1
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »
This is what you were using John?

http://stuff4print.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=43_28

Also, does anyone have any experience with Acorn (waterproof) film? If so how does that rank against other films?

Acorn is our go to film for the high end prints.

pierre

Very good to know Pierre! I know you did a lot of research on film a while back. I ordered in a box to hold me over the other day. Do you not use these as your everyday film for cost savings on the less detailed work?

we pay $80 or so for a 13x100 compared to $59 for 17x100. Acorn gains a little less, but the cost savings is justified with Nazdar's film. We use the Acorn when we run out to tie us over and when doing high level sim process. Our RIP has multiple queues and one is set/linearized up for each type of work we do (film and resolution choices).

what are you paying for the Acorn film? Can you get me the pricing?

pierre

I paid $94.90 for a box of 100 13x19 WP.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
I have to give a shout out to Cam at inkjetfilm.net.

Bought a few boxes from them after maverick graphics went out and they were not the right fit for my shop.  BUT, Cam over there went above and beyond to make it right!

Lots of ppl are very happy with them and I will say their customer service is top notch, so I would still recommend giving them a shot.

I emailed about 4 other places after to get samples, only spot color supply and fixxons sent out sample packs, looks like Brannon and Scott will likely be getting my film business.

I just wish I knew where I could get our old film from now that Brad is out. :(

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »
Reading some of this had me concerned. 

I've got a Epson 3000 (dye) and an HP9800 (pigment). and have printed Fixxons waterproof on both. 

According to their website, their waterproof film works for both dye and pigment.  Whew!
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »
Reading some of this had me concerned. 

I've got a Epson 3000 (dye) and an HP9800 (pigment). and have printed Fixxons waterproof on both. 

According to their website, their waterproof film works for both dye and pigment.  Whew!

Compatibility with pigment inks used to be one of the main selling points of WP films.
Now they are the more common
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 10:35:35 PM »
$67 Chromaline accufast 17x100