Author Topic: CCIs Vpr emulsion=WTF!  (Read 6267 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
CCIs Vpr emulsion=WTF!
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:17:16 AM »
So we don't have LED, STE or any of the fun toys but.............we have CCIs VPR. Went from 50 light units to 5.
That's right its 10 times faster than WR14 (at least for me) high solids, great RZ, designed for pls and WB. Will continue to test but holy crap!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: CCIs Vpr emulsion=WTF!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »
Tell your rep to send some my way, lol!

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
That is almost unbelievable.  As good as I like my HVP I'm always interested in what's out there.  I like a higher solids emulsion that if exposed correctly will hold up to the hardest DC inks so I'll be waiting for more details on this stuff.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
Wowz.  Keep us updated.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »
I posted about this in my Nashville review, Gary Fox was giving it away at the show but ran out before I got there.  He said its 5 times faster than WR 14.  Don't worry though, there are BUNCHES of new ones about to hit the market that will hold up to anything and burn fast.  So I am told.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »
Heres the recommended process for long run DC: Expose/dry/apply Hardener /dry/apply Aquablock (another new product) do not post expose

Offline CCI TECH

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »
@CCI
any high solids versions on the horizon?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
...This is the emulsion we tried last week that was actually TOO fast for our use. We expose on a Starlight LED unit, and we were getting overexposure at 12 seconds! At that point, theres not even time to pull film from the previously burned screen, so it just sat there anyway. basically, for us, it was uselessly fast.

...but, I would think that those exposing with other, slower light sources could see a vast improvement in screen production times with this.

...Also, these new blockouts for waterbase are the best thing EVARR. We use it on all screens, and use no frame tape. When we do a color change, we just spray with Beanie-Doo or CitraPaste, scrub and rinse with water, set to dry, and its like a freshly prepped screen again! No more press washes and rags for us!!
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »
Andy, this is a high solids vs. And yes I heard about the LED issue. Predictable problem (or non issue for some)

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 01:40:37 PM »
...This is the emulsion we tried last week that was actually TOO fast for our use. We expose on a Starlight LED unit, and we were getting overexposure at 12 seconds! At that point, theres not even time to pull film from the previously burned screen, so it just sat there anyway. basically, for us, it was uselessly fast.

...but, I would think that those exposing with other, slower light sources could see a vast improvement in screen production times with this.

...Also, these new blockouts for waterbase are the best thing EVARR. We use it on all screens, and use no frame tape. When we do a color change, we just spray with Beanie-Doo or CitraPaste, scrub and rinse with water, set to dry, and its like a freshly prepped screen again! No more press washes and rags for us!!

no screen tape?!?!?!?!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »
...not for three years or more! Screen tape is screenprinters crack, once you commit to getting the monkey off your back, you will wonder why you ever bothered (granted, weaning off is a BITCH).
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
...not for three years or more! Screen tape is screenprinters crack, once you commit to getting the monkey off your back, you will wonder why you ever bothered (granted, weaning off is a BITCH).

yup. purple goop for us too.

just say nope to tape dope.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 04:28:57 PM »
Andy, this is a high solids vs. And yes I heard about the LED issue. Predictable problem (or non issue for some)

This is 38% solids, while their PFX which I currently use is 48%. High Viscocity
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 04:38:39 PM »
how's the durability on mid-long run WB?