Author Topic: Ink Kitchen / Thanks!  (Read 809 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Ink Kitchen / Thanks!
« on: April 30, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »
Yesterday I was lucky enough to have the pleasure to drink some beers and have great conversation with Rick Roth of Mirror Image / The Ink Kitchen. We talked shop for a few hours Uptown next to a pool and to say the man has a tremendous knowledge of screen printing is an understatement. And a fun guy as well! That was evident on my boozey bike ride home hahaha.

Today I am lucky again as we just banged out a ton of shirts / orders and are leaving early again for some Bywater / 9th Ward Block Party action as a lot of our bands are playing. Jazz Fest is a good time to be alive and in New Orleans!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Ink Kitchen / Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
Indeed it is however the weather was making us feel a little blue today..........so we made these

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »
Now you know why I moved across the country to go work for him for a year.

He's the only person who I worked for that took a look at my first test print shirt for him and he told me is was one of the worst underbase whites he's ever seen, but don't you worry john, we'll show you how to do it right.

He did and look where I'm at now.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
Talk about fun times with Rick.  LOL.  He and I were working on his Co doing some printing for Disney early on, so he came down one day and we spent our lunch time in the park riding the Tower of Terror.  It was funny, I think he was actually pretty scared. That was a pretty cool thing about working there. You could ride the rides at lunch or stop in after work or weekends with the family. Pretty cool. That much, I'll miss a little.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850