Author Topic: Beds?  (Read 4484 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Beds?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 06:52:20 AM »
We have a Sleep To Live mattress and while VERY expensive I sleep so much better now.  You can pick its firmness while you are buying it, but its not adjustable.  Shellys side has what she likes, mine has what I like.  We sleep better in shorter periods of time.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dsh

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 06:53:50 AM »
Frog was accurate about the remote air pump.  When we had our bed we went through several of them.  I had the best sleep on the mattress, but I'm a side sleeper.  Through the nite I go side to side.  I found when trying to roll over I had to spin in place.  The divider on our queen mattress would suck you into a hole in the center of the bed and end up waking me up if I tried to roll over.  You also had to wake up enough to spin in place.  We ended up going back to the traditional mattress.  A king size mattress might have solved the problem, but we didn't have room.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »
We have a memory foam and it's pretty nice but like many others I've had my eye on the Sleep Number beds.

When it comes to back pain it could be as simple as getting a new mattress but I've found that it's more related to the shoes the majority of the time.  I've been working on concrete floors my whole adult life and have had back and knee pain for the last 6 years.  I used to walk on average 7-8 miles per day while working at Sams and if you didn't have a comfortable pair of shoes you were worthless after a tough day.  I tried wearing boots for a few weeks and that was a disaster, I've tried insoles, a dozen brands of running/walking shoes, crocs, you name it.  I currently use the Reebok Zigs or Nike Air Max 360's and if I'm not going to be in production all day I'll wear Red Wing boots.  Try the mattress but don't forget the shoes.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 01:55:05 PM »
^^Agree 100%. 

I was just thinking about how I really need a new pair of work shoes.
Staying till nine last Friday made me sore enough to pretty much ruin the weekend for me.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 02:31:58 PM »
^^Agree 100%. 

I was just thinking about how I really need a new pair of work shoes.
Staying till nine last Friday made me sore enough to pretty much ruin the weekend for me.

I had to print all last week and by Friday my back was in full spasm mode.  I wore my boots on Friday because my printer was supposed to be back then but he wasn't so 9 hours on the concrete floor without my comfy shoes.   We took my son to the Monster Truck Jam in Austin on Saturday and I could hardly walk.  I had more than one offer to seat us in the handicapped section of the arena but our seats were a little better.  It is embarrassing having to walk like that and everybody looking at me wondering what the hell was wrong with me. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »
Wish I could offer some good advice, but most of my nights are on the couch ;D
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
We were looking at a sleep number like everyone else! My wife said she wanted to try something else before we dropped $2K or whatever it is on a sleep number. Here is what she got-
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c39790/comforpedic-beautyrest-4-in-gel-memory-foam-mattress-topper.jsp

She ended up getting something crazy like 83% off with all her coupons and shopping gold stars. The thing is actually really nice, especially for a big boned guy like myself. I can only imagine what it feels like for my wife, son and dogs :P

Only negative I really have about it is, it does not "breathe" very well. I am ALWAYS hot, so sometimes it will just trap heat between my body and the bed....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »
That's my problem as well, always hot, can't stand it. And dropping that kind of money is tough when you have other obligations as well but I can't stand to print for more than 45 minutes at a clip right now.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »
That's my problem as well, always hot, can't stand it.

You are always hot and live in CA.... I got your remedy, move up here to MN, it may level you out! ;D  Now imagine me, living in MN and always being hot... I don't care what time of year it is if I ever travel to CA long pants, long sleeves, hoodies, jackets, they all stay home! ;D

Ever thought of getting those Dr. Sholls inserts for your shoes? The kind you stand on a machine at CVS or where ever and they "map" your foot. I got a pair($45 or so) and they make a WORLD of difference when working on my feet.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 11:09:05 PM »
I live in the valley of California so right now it's 95 degrees this week and in the coming months 105-110 as our highs. So in the shop probably 120! Don't know why I chose this profession to be honest lol.
I would love to move to a cooler climate but not MN extreme lol.
I seen that foot machine thing, im gonna have to try it out.

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »
A couple years ago another press guys recommended some industrial floor mats. I've tried a bunch of different kinds over the years but the ones he recommended are the real deal. I couldn't imagine standing at the press without them anymore.
http://www.binderyequipment-mn.com/unique-mats.html    I usually hit our guy up for 2nds because I'm a cheap ass

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 12:44:10 AM »
That's my problem as well, always hot, can't stand it.
You are always hot and live in CA.... I got your remedy, move up here to MN, it may level you out! ;D  Now imagine me, living in MN and always being hot... I don't care what time of year it is if I ever travel to CA long pants, long sleeves, hoodies, jackets, they all stay home! ;D

Pssh, yeah.  Move to MN, drop your highs to 90-100, lower your lows well below zero, and up your humidity to 60-90%.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.  Mosquitoes.   

(I actually really like MN, I'm just giving you crap.  ;) )

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »
The thing that worries me about the foam is heat retention. Im "hot blooded" and can't sleep when it's to warm. How is the foam with heat retention?

Same here, and no way the wife would deal with that.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Audifox

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »
We were looking at a sleep number like everyone else! My wife said she wanted to try something else before we dropped $2K or whatever it is on a sleep number. Here is what she got-
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c39790/comforpedic-beautyrest-4-in-gel-memory-foam-mattress-topper.jsp

She ended up getting something crazy like 83% off with all her coupons and shopping gold stars. The thing is actually really nice, especially for a big boned guy like myself. I can only imagine what it feels like for my wife, son and dogs :P

Only negative I really have about it is, it does not "breathe" very well. I am ALWAYS hot, so sometimes it will just trap heat between my body and the bed....

We also used to have a memory foam topper.(Got rid of it, was tired of waking up soaking wet for sweating)
 We bought a new bed last fall(momory foam is ALL you can get these days) but the way it is built it breathes. Have not had a problem being hot.
This is the one we got
http://www.sleepcountry.ca/products/tabid/131/products/260/mattresses/dormeo-octaspring-5500/language/en-us/default.aspx

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »
Spent about $1800 on the memory foam with cooling gel, it's good my back and hip feels much better I would get another one. It's not so good for relations though, no bounce back ????

RT Screen Designs
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com