Author Topic: Deleting text prediction choices  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Deleting text prediction choices
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
I have a minor concern and a major annoyance with the feature that tries to help us put in addresses or usernames, etc.

I once kept typing without hitting the Tab key, and ran a password onto the end of my user name on a particular site.

So, now, when I (or God forbid someone else) even punches in the first letter of my username, that one displaying my password is also offered as a choice, as well as any versions I misspelled along the way.
Well, it's easy enough to change my password, as I try to do anyway, but it got me wondering how to clear that clutter.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Deleting text prediction choices
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 06:05:15 PM »
Frog that is only on your computer. We don't get the same thing. It part of your browser not the website. You can go to your preferences and delete your form date or auto fill info. Not sure what it is called.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 06:46:20 PM »
Yes, it is a Chrome thing, and yes, if I turn off Autofill it does not offer any choices, but they still don't go away.
Tiun it back on and there are the offending entries!

There seems to no way of actually deleting them.

Offline Full-SpectrumSeparator

• "Knowledge is possessed only by sharing."
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »
It's stored somewhere in the auto-fill information and cookies...

Go to the  = thing with 3 lines in the top right corner in chrome ---

Go to Tools,

Go to Clear Browsing Data...

Then in there you will get the check-boxes to choose from... I think you should try just clearing the auto-fill data first and see if that does it.

Although this will clear out all other places where you find it useful, but it will re-set and start saving new auto-fills from then on if you have it checked to do so.
"Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press."   https://www.youtube.com/user/FullSpectrumVideo  ||  https://sellfy.com/planetaryprints

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »
Okay, that did it, thanks,  but strangely, the list of Auto-Fills hardly lists any. Really on;ly lists addresses that actually go on forms.
Still don't know if there is a place to track down individual offenders.

At any rate, back to square one, but at least I don't have to constantly see my blunder. A good trade-off

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 09:23:26 AM »
In Chrome, if an offending item appears in your form autofill list, make sure it is highlighted, and then do a [Shift] + [Delete] to remove it from the list.
- Mark

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 09:29:46 AM »
In Chrome, if an offending item appears in your form autofill list, make sure it is highlighted, and then do a [Shift] + [Delete] to remove it from the list.

Bingo! that's it! That's the way to throw out the bathwater but still  leave the baby.  ;D