Author Topic: People not paying attention when throwing shirts on the belt"""!!!  (Read 6522 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Check this vid, cool vid on gear and set up, but watch about 8min 50 seconds in, second team starts to toss shirts on the belt, you can see shirts getting thrown right over the image on the other shirts. Big box stores and their notorious," ink washing out of tshirts", no wonder why  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShrfsD1gjyY
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: People not paying attention when throwing shirts on the belt"""!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
where do you get the time to even watch that for 8  minutes...?

LOL

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »
I realize there is a lot of money to be had in a shop like this, with low skilled workers pumping out shirts, but holy crap do I never want to own a shop like this.  Not only is it embarrassing, but at this point it would be like owning any other business.  Where is the creativity, the care for detail, etc.  I love screen printing.  I get a thrill seeing every shirt come off the press.  Losing that would be a sign it was time to try something new...

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:21:33 PM »
where do you get the time to even watch that for 8  minutes...?

LOL

Ice pack on my back, taking a 15 min break, watching Challenger 3 youtube vids and found this one  ;) trust me, there isn't much time to break, I usually post when I'm taking an ac break

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:23:18 PM »
I realize there is a lot of money to be had in a shop like this, with low skilled workers pumping out shirts, but holy crap do I never want to own a shop like this.  Not only is it embarrassing, but at this point it would be like owning any other business.  Where is the creativity, the care for detail, etc.  I love screen printing.  I get a thrill seeing every shirt come off the press.  Losing that would be a sign it was time to try something new...

Did you see the other challenger 3 off to the one side without print arms. I guess pumping out half cured shirts works for them, they look to be growing. Wish I had one of those presses. Im sure the guy who shot the video will catch the belt girls on the video one day.

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 07:19:33 PM »
..what bugs me here, is what sounds like a full-time crew operating the SPOT GUNS   >:(  . Did no one else notice that?
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 08:52:06 PM »
what I noticed is the shirts being chucked on the belt poorly, overlapping  - any idiot can see that happening right?...EXCEPT the guy filming the video?! I mean, you are watching poor practice and not stopping it!? hmm...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »

Did you see the other challenger 3 off to the one side without print arms. I guess pumping out half cured shirts works for them, they look to be growing. Wish I had one of those presses. Im sure the guy who shot the video will catch the belt girls on the video one day.

I guess my point is I would prefer to grow in a different way, and if I was ever at a point where I was making tons of money but at the expense of putting out quality product, I would re-evaluate pretty seriously.  I would much rather become more expensive and do lower volume at a higher quality level than strictly increasing volume and having low skilled workers outputting everything.  I want to be comfortable financially, but I don't screen print to get rich, I screen print because I enjoy the infinite learning curve and creativity. Different goals I guess.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »
what I noticed is the shirts being chucked on the belt poorly, overlapping  - any idiot can see that happening right?...EXCEPT the guy filming the video?! I mean, you are watching poor practice and not stopping it!? hmm...

hahahahahahhahahahahaha

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »
With that dryer it stills probably gets over 320 even through a couple of shirts on top of each other.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 10:19:13 AM »
the video was from our Regional manager's cell phone. The dryer was plenty hot enough to cure that print with that amount of overlap but I agree it's bad practice. More importantly is watching how the ladies running the black shirt machine use the features of the machine to not stop the machine. The operator hits print finish while getting additional garments and when finished hits print start to start loading again. A couple shirts later the empty pallets arrive at the unload station and the unloader starts to apply tac which is quick drying and allows the press operator to load immediately afterwards. Very efficient operators in my opinion other than the overlap but again the Sprint 2000 will still cure it.
Rich Hoffman

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
the video was from our Regional manager's cell phone. The dryer was plenty hot enough to cure that print with that amount of overlap but I agree it's bad practice. More importantly is watching how the ladies running the black shirt machine use the features of the machine to not stop the machine. The operator hits print finish while getting additional garments and when finished hits print start to start loading again. A couple shirts later the empty pallets arrive at the unload station and the unloader starts to apply tac which is quick drying and allows the press operator to load immediately afterwards. Very efficient operators in my opinion other than the overlap but again the Sprint 2000 will still cure it.

That's how we operate our machines, we don't use a no shirt detector or anything like that as if your efficient at the control panel switches you can miss a shirt and never effect production. I've been in lots of shops where if they miss a shirt they stop the press but not around here, once we start printing the table never stops moving.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 11:30:29 AM »
Hey see there. Who says a fun thread can't morph into an educational one   ;D

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »
I'll look at it again but I'm not getting near 1700/hr but more like 1350.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
That is a heck of a lot faster than I could do I'm sure.  Instead of watching what everything else noticed I couldn't help but see if they were really doing 1700/hr.  I watched again and saw 12 done in 30 seconds during one section and I found a minute straight section where they did 20 in that period.  Not too bad at all but the description is not accurate.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.