Author Topic: Underbase on Koozies?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Underbase on Koozies?
« on: March 20, 2014, 05:23:12 PM »
Is it possible to print an underbase for Koozies? Customer wants orange ink on black koozies. Any issues with shrinking under a flash?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Underbase on Koozies?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »
I'd go low mesh, thick stencil and hit the orange one time and throw it on the dryer. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
Also, mix in some puff additive to make up for any inconsistencies. No underbase.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 06:00:41 PM »
You can also print clear as the base. That way if it does shrink you dont see it peeking out. We have a major Koozie printer down the road and they turn massive amounts of those things out using a clear base when anything other than white is being used.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline LuxInks

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:06:15 PM »
We just printed this same color way, and like the last post stated, we use clear as an under base and it turns out nice. Minimal sweetie pressure, low screen mesh on sleeve platens.
Good luck!
Paul

Is it possible to print an underbase for Koozies? Customer wants orange ink on black koozies. Any issues with shrinking under a flash?
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
That's new to me, but what ain't never thought about using an underbase on koozies since the ink will lay on top, like Alan said low mesh ct and use a little puff in the ink.  I print my koozies on a my manual and you might can even flash them for a sec and hit them a second time if there is not a ton of detail.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline JJPrint

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 09:49:04 AM »
Are you using regular plastisol ink?  Anybody willing to give good sourcing on blanks?