Author Topic: Great, thanks for the vandalism...  (Read 3300 times)

Offline squeezee

Re: Great, thanks for the vandalism...
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 06:07:26 AM »
Well the neighbours cat dug in one of our plant pots..
Have you ever thought of moving to a safer place (like Canada?).
We have rioters in London at the moment, but it's pretty safe here in the sticks.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 08:19:02 AM »
I have always felt very safe in London.  I've actually always felt safe here as well.  London(minus the rioters) is an amazing city.  For the size of it, it feels very clean and safe.  That is I think why the 7/7 bombing shook a lot of people up.  I have a friend who's brother walked over 2 hours to get to work, to avoid the tube, and that was almost 3 years after the bombing.  He works AT Victoria Station.

If I moved anywhere, it would be to Linz, Austria.  Hands down my favorite place away from home.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 08:54:48 AM »
In the big city of Minneapolis, I've never felt safer! Sometimes big cities get a bad rep because suburbanite wussies are ignorant and get on the "hating the big bad city" bandwagon.
Granted, they're are sections that I wouldn't go to buy drugs but then again, I'm not a drug user so that doesn't really present a problem for me or my family.
It also help that I live in a fairly toney part of the city so bad apples can't get around in anonymity.
One of the best parts of living in the city is that we have those hard flat surface things called sidewalks, which are quite rare in the burbs.
Interestingly, my neighbors house is physically closer to me then when I lived in the burbs 5 years ago, yet, I have more privacy in the city. Great neighbors in the city and a more community feel than nosy suburban phonies.
Burbs and the city, different strokes for different folks I guess.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 09:19:12 AM »
Mount Pleasant SC for me.......lived there for five ys. Right between Sullivans Island and Charleston. Second place Sanibel Island FLA. That was cool.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
I've been to MT Pleasant a few times.  Just went to a wedding there a few months back.  The other time was a car show, we got to eat inside the Air Craft Carrier USS Yorktown.  AWESOME to say the least.

Beautiful place tony.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 09:38:42 AM »
Yeah I've been a bit fortunate over the years. Also liked Boulder, CO and Portsmouth, NH.
Paying for it now......stuck in the ATL.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 09:44:13 AM »
Dont get me wrong I love CT always will. Its a funny state very very expensive to live in but what most people that are not from here do not realize is our crime rate is absurd! Murder rates in our major cities are some of the highest in the country and it really does not matter where you live since it is a small state and the thugs go where they want. Its amazing one of the most prestigious Iv league schools in the country (Yale) is completely surrounded by projects and slums.
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Ink may remember I originally hail from Northford CT........pretty safe at least back then.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »
I hate Atlanta, but I live far enough outside of it that I can enjoy where I live.  We are in sort of a bubble here on the northside.

The nice thing about Atlanta is the lack of public transport, it keeps a lot of the thugs out of the burbs.  I had a friend that worked at Perimeter mall and as soon as marta built the depot there, crime shot way up.  People could all of the sudden easily get from downtown to the nice malls and shoplift and pickpocket.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
Wow Tony Northford is basically Wallingford. Northford is a great little town with no highways well off the beaten path so it is surely still safe and low on crime. I was raised in Hartford but I prefer New Haven great city as long as you stay in the right areas.
"No man is an island"