Author Topic: question for tri-loc users  (Read 952 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
question for tri-loc users
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »
Are you mounting the screen/carrier sheet jig on your exposure unit or on a separate table and use 2 sided tape?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: question for tri-loc users
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »
Mounting it on the exposure unit is generally considered to be more accurate as many experience minor shifting from the table to the light source

Offline Croft

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »
on the table

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06:46 PM »
I used to have a home made light table that I made with a piece of 2'x4' white plexi mounted to the top of a 2'x4' drop in florescent light fixer. I used 2"x4"s to angle up the fixture on a table top, then shot screws through the front lip of the fixture to the table, and like wise on the 2x4 wood. I then taped the grid and pin bar to the white plexi, worked great. Now I use that table top as a back light for taping screens just added a lot more angle to it and a small strip of 2x2 aluminum to rest the screens on. You can use that as a multi purpose deal with grid alignment and taping too.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:43:31 PM »
I would love to have it on the expo unit but it would be to dark and to cumbersome to climb on top and line films up to. MSP3140
"No man is an island"

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »

You should be lining the films up on the pin bar that you mount somewhere on a template. Then moving the carrier sheet to the pin bar on the screen jig, which is customarily mounted to the glass of your exposure unit.

I read somewhere that some people will mouth the screen jig to a separate table (not the exposure unit) and transfer the film to the screen via two sided tape.

My main interest in this is that there is close to a $3000 difference in pries of LED exposure units for one that can do a 23x31 frame, and one that it tri-loc compatible. I would love to go LED, but would hate to lost tri-loc compatibility. Unfortunately, the price of the larger led units are out of my price range.

I also am concerned with the accuracy of transferring film via 2 sided tape.