Author Topic: Squeegee Pressure  (Read 1438 times)

Offline larryk

• !!!
Squeegee Pressure
« on: March 03, 2014, 12:10:49 PM »
Awhile back there was a thread on the board about the proper way to set squeegee pressure on a Gauntlet. It was before I bought mine so I didn't pay a lot of attention...... duh! Anybody remember where it was or have any info I could get ? My press operator is used to running those v-squeegees on a Lawson and I'm pretty sure we are using way too much pressure. Thanks

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Squeegee Pressure
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »
SOOOOOO many variables.  Every shop will be different.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »
What works for us is 30-40psi & 1-1/4" on the squeegee measuring tape. But it does depend on your off-contact, squeegee angle, squeegee duro., EOM, ink viscosity, & all the other variables that can change from shop to shop.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:26:34 PM by Underbase37 »

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »
The correct setting is the one that has enough pressure to get the ink to touch the shirt and release from the screen.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:44:29 AM »
I'm glad you said that John. I couldn't tell you what pressures I use. I don't look at my regulators or setting, I look at my print. Like Mr. Diggler said, so many variables.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »
I just want to give Sonny  a special shout out and thanks for taking the time to work with me on getting my squeegee pressure set on my Gauntlet........ very helpfull indeed! Silly me, come to find out was all I had to do was screw those knob thingies up or down. Just kiddin'....... I guess I wasn't really looking for the "Pressure" setting but more for the "Procedure" to get to a good starting point since this machine is totally different from what we had been using......... Once again .. Thanks Sonny!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »
'....... I guess I wasn't really looking for the "Pressure" setting but more for the "Procedure" to get to a good starting point since this machine is totally different from what we had been using.........

If it's any consolation, that is all I got from your request.
You asked about a previous thread describing "the proper way to set squeegee pressure on a Gauntlet"
You were pretty clear. I'm sure that you knew that this wasn't a " one size fits all" setting.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 01:22:40 PM »
I just want to give Sonny  a special shout out and thanks for taking the time to work with me on getting my squeegee pressure set on my Gauntlet........ very helpfull indeed! Silly me, come to find out was all I had to do was screw those knob thingies up or down. Just kiddin'....... I guess I wasn't really looking for the "Pressure" setting but more for the "Procedure" to get to a good starting point since this machine is totally different from what we had been using......... Once again .. Thanks Sonny!
You are quite welcome.  Glad I could help.  Maybe I should write down the procedure so others will know how to get to the "Zero" point and work from there. :o :o
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 02:09:11 PM »
You are quite welcome.  Glad I could help.  Maybe I should write down the procedure so others will know how to get to the "Zero" point and work from there. :o :o

this would be very good. very good indeed.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285