Author Topic: Cowabunga! Surf's up!  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Cowabunga! Surf's up!
« on: January 24, 2014, 11:30:29 AM »
So that means that the Mavericks contest is on.

Even locals are banned from the beach, and besides, with the action so far away, there is little to see from that vantage point anyway.

They do give us a live feed though.

Especially timely after meeting Winston Strickland in Long Beach and talking as much surfing as industry.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cowabunga! Surf's up!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:20:29 PM »
thanks Frog!  now im stuck watching, but i have work to do!

LOL

Offline Croft

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
Thanks , don't even know if this can warm up the -30 Celsius wind chill!

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:23:20 PM »
I was seeing a customer in Half Moon Bay Wednesday and hiked out to the bluff, 40' walls of water rising up not more than half a mile off the beach. The local fishing charter boats will take you out and put you in the spot for $275 for half day.Here are few pics from my long time customer Tom Matusch who owns the Hulicat and was in the movie Chasing Mavericks
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
I've been enamored big wave surfing for a while now after watching that movie Riding Giants and I don't know how many hundreds of videos I've watched on youtube and articles/stories I've read on the web.  I will be tuning in to this.  Thanks for the heads up.

I was seeing a customer in Half Moon Bay Wednesday and hiked out to the bluff, 40' walls of water rising up not more than half a mile off the beach. The local fishing charter boats will take you out and put you in the spot for $275 for half day.Here are few pics from my long time customer Tom Matusch who owns the Hulicat and was in the movie Chasing Mavericks

Dude, that is awesome!!!  I liked that movie too, even though critically it was considered a flop.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 06:09:43 PM »
Water sure looks cold... ;) I like the "is everything properly stowed?" test with the boat. Kodak bravery? ( a phrase that is somewhat archaic but still in use).

Good thing I wasn't sitting at your table Frog. Two surfers is too many.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
Water sure looks cold... ;)

When my son and I were in the water in Santa Cruz, (a few miles south) even in the summer, we were the only ones without wet suits.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?