Author Topic: M&R DTS and comment...  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Ron Pierson

M&R DTS and comment...
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »
Well...we got our ST before Christmas but had to wait on the LED unit till after the show. (we purchased the unit seperatly for internal reasons) What we quickly discovered was that we were "exposure lite poor" the ST (3 head) is so fast, we simply couldn't keep up at our exposure. We have purchased more exposure units - not here yet (1-2 days out). Here is what happened today - one of our two exposure units broke!! NOW WHAT........!!

Well...the answer was so simple...just burn the screens in the sun!!   

I'm wondering why I even bought extra exposure units - LOL (we are in Las Vegas - 300 days of pure, intense, UV laden sunlight)
Our 110's are exposing at 34 seconds - dual cure, 2 over 2.

Thank You again to M&R for giving us solutions in ways even they did not see.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: M&R DTS and comment...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
I spent the last almost hour on Saturday schmoozing (along with Binkspot Brian) with Winston Strickland, a former California beach bum.
One of our subjects was using the sun and Space Bags as bargain exposure units.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »
My dream has bee to build a shutter system exposure unit where the shutter works off an integrator.  It would be sweet, except for nighttime screen printing.

Also, getting sunlight inside might be a tricky thing for most shops, so it's an idea that sounds really cool in my head but would be a bitch to actually do.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »
My dream has been to build a shutter system exposure unit where the shutter works off an integrator.  It would be sweet, except for nighttime screen printing.

Also, getting sunlight inside might be a tricky thing for most shops, so it's an idea that sounds really cool in my head but would be a bitch to actually do.

I never quite understood why Frankenstein needed to raise the operating table to get it closer to the lightning rather than just running longer cables, but that's what you need, a system that raises the screen to an area with a cut out in the roof and ceiling, or at least an unfiltered skylight.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:31:22 PM »
Well...we got our ST before Christmas but had to wait on the LED unit till after the show. (we purchased the unit seperatly for internal reasons) What we quickly discovered was that we were "exposure lite poor" the ST (3 head) is so fast, we simply couldn't keep up at our exposure. We have purchased more exposure units - not here yet (1-2 days out). Here is what happened today - one of our two exposure units broke!! NOW WHAT........!!

Well...the answer was so simple...just burn the screens in the sun!!   

I'm wondering why I even bought extra exposure units - LOL (we are in Las Vegas - 300 days of pure, intense, UV laden sunlight)
Our 110's are exposing at 34 seconds - dual cure, 2 over 2.

Thank You again to M&R for giving us solutions in ways even they did not see.

Ron the Exposure that broke, was that the new LED unit or your old exposure? Just curious.
Thanks,
Shane

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »
Yeah, it sounds like one of your new units went down but I doubt that's the case.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »
Yeah, it sounds like one of your new units went down but I doubt that's the case.
I would bet its not the case!
Rich Hoffman

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
Not the new one!! Hasn't arrived yet...Theone that died was 18 yrs old.