Author Topic: Well, How's the Show? ISS Long Beach  (Read 18610 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Well, How's the Show? ISS Long Beach
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 05:06:15 PM »
I had to block my badge like you did so they would not scan it.....lol

That's one reason I usually use a fake name, you know , like Lou Stules. They act like they know you and call you Lou. And when they call the shop trying to reach you...the PA page raises eyebrows too

Lou Stules, gotta remember that one, pretty funny.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »
'just got back to work this afternoon. 'was home sick with a bad case of flu (as in hallucinating a being delirious for two days, not fun at all!).

As always, great seeing everybody! 'had a great time and will try hard to do it again next year. 'had a pleasure of rooming with Alex (TCT), what a great guy.
It was nice meeting some ppl for the first time Andy included (yes, we've been partners for years without meeting face to face!).

Many thanx to Richard for sponsoring the dinner.

On a side note, we have reached an agreement with Hanes to be a major sponsor for the web site, so we'll be seeing some of their advertising, giveaways and product support.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 01:01:15 PM »
'just got back to work this afternoon. 'was home sick with a bad case of flu (as in hallucinating a being delirious for two days, not fun at all!).

Probably caught it from that Lou Stules guy.

On a side note, we have reached an agreement with Hanes to be a major sponsor for the web site, so we'll be seeing some of their advertising, giveaways and product support.

This is great news! I guess I'm kind of surprised that they even noticed little old us. But involvement from any of the major (and minor) players
is always a good thing.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 01:24:09 PM »
I was in Montreal doing the rock thing. Hope to hit Long Beach next year.

Kinda trips me out there is still bling on the market....
 ???
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »

So you gave it to Megan? She has been in bed since Monday afternoon.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 01:35:25 PM »

'm so sooweee. . . . :'(

she should be be almost done by now though. It was 48 hours for me.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »

pierre

I'm going to join this group, I got up on Monday morning and only made it to about 10 AM and went home and slept 20 hours straight.

Thought is was just jet lag and what my wife calls 'getting old'.

Wonder now if maybe it had something to do with dinner on Friday night.....Food issues usually happen within a few hours but this took a few days to develop, my guess is somebody brought a flu bug to the show with them.

Any body else....?

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »

'had a pleasure of rooming with Alex (TCT), what a great guy.

pierre

Um, after that statement you may still be delirious..... ;D

I have been going to Long Beach for 4 years now, and once when it was in Chicago(Schaumburg) and never had nearly as good as a time I had this year! It was GREAT to have a TSB meet up! Like a group of high school buddies meeting up after years, except I didn't know anyones names or faces, just their screen names. Otherwise guys like me just wonder aimlessly alone dodging scanners and catalogues from which ever NEW company is out of China this year.

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 02:17:19 PM »
so Alex you book ISS AC yet?

sam

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »

pierre

I'm going to join this group, I got up on Monday morning and only made it to about 10 AM and went home and slept 20 hours straight.

Wonder now if maybe it had something to do with dinner on Friday night.....Food issues usually happen within a few hours but this took a few days to develop, my guess is somebody brought a flu bug to the show with them.

Any body else....?

~Kitson
Our entire crew got sick. I am just starting to get it as well.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
if anyone of you get me sick I will be pissed!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 02:40:32 PM »
Kinda trips me out there is still bling on the market....
 ???

Seriously. Though honestly I get the feeling that our corner of the world is a little behind on cutting edge fashion...
Haven't seen the kids wearing the shiny stuff for awhile now.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »

pierre

Any body else....?

~Kitson

huh, I thought it might be food, but I was not nauseous, so I eliminated it pretty quickly.

pierre

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 02:50:11 PM »
If it's what I had a few weeks ago, get to the doctor now. I went after a week and a half. I thought I had it beat, but it held on. There is a lot of crap out there they don't even know how to treat this year. Hope y'all feel better soon. Except Sam. You can suffer.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 02:54:34 PM »
For what it's worth on the flu (or whatever) front, Mrs. Frog and I both had shots and both still got a bug around Christmas that had us coughing for about 18 days.
Be glad that you have a different bug.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?