Author Topic: Any website computer peeps out there?  (Read 3330 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Any website computer peeps out there?
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
How do i fix something like this?  Usually my buddy does everything with my website but i can not get a hold of him and i am not receiving pr able to send emails.  This is what i get when i log in to my email ..

"  Sorry for the inconvenience!

The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.  "

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Any website computer peeps out there?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »
Where is your site hosted at?  Likely the disc or partition is just full or nearly full.  Are you paying for enough space?
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »
A buddy of mine does it all for me.  Most of the time he just ups it when needed..an i have the email so it cleans itself of old messages every 2 weeks i think. 

Is it on my end, like my email is full or is it with all his sites?  He does websites and has like 10 of them..Just not sure if its only mine or all of them..Ive never received this message before..

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
A buddy of mine does it all for me.  Most of the time he just ups it when needed..an i have the email so it cleans itself of old messages every 2 weeks i think. 

Is it on my end, like my email is full or is it with all his sites?  He does websites and has like 10 of them..Just not sure if its only mine or all of them..Ive never received this message before..

It's most likely just a lack of storage, he needs to either change the quota or move it all to a larger disk if it is actually full.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:22:11 AM »
thanks..now if i can only get a hold of him...muthaeffer...hes got to be back from the grand canyon trip

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:30:55 AM »
if you have stuff like images or videos on the server, deleting them should free some space. (don't forget to download them first if it's the only copy).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »
pierre, i dont think i have access to that..or if i do i have no idea...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 11:57:49 AM »

I just checked, there isn't much on there, so it's your email or the other sites.

Can you delete emails? Sometimes you might be able to do that even if you can't send or receive. Try one at a time. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 12:09:51 PM »

I just checked, there isn't much on there, so it's your email or the other sites.

Can you delete emails? Sometimes you might be able to do that even if you can't send or receive. Try one at a time. . .

pierre

Don't some email clients also have an option of compacting emails that you don't want to lose completely?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 12:10:32 PM »
usually thats what i do...but i can not even get in there to do that....

Just that message comes up on a blank page.

thanks for your help guys..this is one thing i need to be in control of...im not good at letting other people do things and this is why..it just stresses me out when things happen and i have no control to fix the issue.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 12:16:17 PM »
If you use IMAP deleting from your inbox in your email client will free up space. POP3 won't.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »
If your site and email is like ours then you should have direct access to the back end control. From their you can manage all the data in the emails and the site. We have clogged our email up a few times and had to access it through the back end of things.
"No man is an island"

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 12:22:51 PM »
I know i just can not get in..i used to be able to do that, but now all i get this when i log in..

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 12:56:27 PM »
This is the only way you access your email? No standalone client (Thunderbird, Outlook) on your computer?

Let this be a lesson to all. If you own a website, have the keys.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »
We have the macmail through our computer linked to the website email..

it would be the same for thunderbird also..we used to use that but easier through my mac