Author Topic: HELP ME Buy a Right Automatic Screen printing machines  (Read 33614 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: HELP ME Buy a S. Roque Screen printing machines
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2013, 11:08:57 PM »
Out of curiosity, is it that expensive to upgrade your power supply in the States?

It depends. Here in MN I was quoted $20k to upgrade at first. That included like 2 new poles and whatnot. The thing here is the power company has a worksheet to figure out what your expected power consumption is going to be. It is supposed to be filled out by your electrician, but ours was a buddy so he told me he was going to "error" on the high side. That coupled with a walk around the building with a electrical company rep, we agreed to move where the power came into our building which made it so we didn't need any extra poles.
Bottom line it ended up costing us ZERO!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your helping hands. Yes, it does help to spend my funds wisely and stay secured.
I appreciated the great insight offered by all of you and now I am thinking that I need to push my S. Roque idea to the side for a while and test next suitable option.

S.Roque can make the press and flashes in single phase. You can also buy a compressor in single phase. You probably don't need a 7.5hp compressor, 5hp will be just fine unless you expect to expand in the future. I don't have my numbers here with me, but I want to say the press you selected only needs like 14CFM or something running at full speed, which you will not do. Look at the site I posted for the air dryer, they have good compressors as well. Single phase also.

Will look for 5hp compressor.
We are definitely not running this machine at full speed, (also we planing to use only 1 or 2 days per week).

you will be fine with a Workhorse dryer. 36" wide should be all you need,

40 amp maybe 45-50amp probably, 60 amp dryer 24-36 inch dryer. Available yes. Overall hard.
Shane

I never knew about Workhorse System "Mercury Compact Infrared Conveyor Dryer" Energy efficient, 120V 20amp, 20", 50 to 60 shirt per hour and US$2,050 (we are not planing to print larger than 16" X 20")... Am I missing something?

Workhorse Mercury Conveyor Dryer

What you all think about Freedom pneumatic Screen Printing?
Advantage/dis-advantage between pneumatic vs automatic? beside sound and using a bigger compressor?
Should I consider this in my list?

Oh and what sort of amperage can you get?  You just listed off a 40 amp flash, 60 amp dryer and 50 amp compressor.  That's 150 amps... now you said "less"... but still easily over 100 amps probably?

I'm not sure but I think I can convince (if I have to but prefer not to) my staff to look for new location for our printing system

I would even go as far as saying a waste of money especially if you are on a budget. Say again why do you need such a fancy press to print give a way tees? You might even be fine with a Diamondback-S.

Thanks, Checking it now
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:03:30 AM by Kwan »

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2013, 12:13:24 AM »
Depends for me with a transformer close it was 6000-10000 for the utility company then the service upgrade at about 7500. Here in Colorado if you go over a limit on 3 phase you go to 3.00 per kilowatt. Otherwise about 1/3 or less than that at reg prices. Other rates and states different.
Shane

GEEZ!!!!

My bill (3 phase commercial) works out to be $0.0843478260869565 per KW.

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2013, 12:14:27 AM »
Depends for me with a transformer close it was 6000-10000 for the utility company then the service upgrade at about 7500. Here in Colorado if you go over a limit on 3 phase you go to 3.00 per kilowatt. Otherwise about 1/3 or less than that at reg prices. Other rates and states different.
Shane

GEEZ!!!!

My bill (3 phase commercial) works out to be $0.0843478260869565 per KW.

LOL

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2013, 04:11:38 AM »
Recommendation from one of the dealer;

Brown Electra Print Junior 6 color 7 station screen print press and 16x18 quartz flash unit.

http://brownmfg.net/p/103/electraprint-junior-automatic-textile-printer

All Electric,
press runs off 120V
No Air compressor, air chiller, regulators or air lines.
Just plug and Play.

Any one using this?
Your input will be greatly appreciated

Offline prozyan

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2013, 04:49:58 AM »

Brown Electra Print Junior 6 color 7 station screen print press and 16x18 quartz flash unit.

All Electric,
press runs off 120V
Just plug and Play.

Any one using this?

That thing is a far cry from a production press and if you are going to hit the numbers you say you want to, that press isn't going to cut it.  Not even close.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2013, 04:54:30 AM »

All Electric,
press runs off 120V
Just plug and Play.

Any one using this?

Honestly, get in touch with the guys at M&R tell them what you want to do  and what you think you need and I bet they will make you a pretty good offer for a package. In other words a "package deal". As mentioned you can get a Heatwave dryer and run it of liquid propane bottles. That way you don`t have to worry about if there is a gas line in your building.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2013, 09:57:55 AM »
what kind of space are you putting this in? warehouse, garage, basement? I think we all assume its a warehouse considering the press you wanted to go with. Is an 8 color too much press? could you do a 6 color if all you are printing is that 1 design? I would look for a dryer that can atleast handle a few hundred shirts, 2-300 pcs an hour. Even as a newbie, you should be able to run 200 pcs an hour on an auto. That being said, I would look for something that can be packaged together, press/dryer/exposure unit/screens etc. an all for 1 deal. remember if you are planning on doing 2500-5K shirts a week, thats 12-25 hours of just printing per week at 200 an hour with no stopping at all. You may want to print 1-2 days a week, but I think you are going to be 4-5 days a week, which now becomes a full time job where it seemed like you wanted to do this more on the side as an added bonus to your "real" work not a full time job printing. 

Now with that being said, is it worth it to bring all of that in house or should look to find a new contract printer where you can get a better deal on that quantity?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »
Kwan, clarify something for me (us)
Have you really decided on a press  model? Jumping from questions about requirements of an S Roque to interest in a Brown makes it appear that you haven't. (Very different animals)
This is fine, but then, you need to remain open on all suggestions.
Have you seen these presses at a show?
Have you visited shops in your area to both watch the process and see various presses in action?

Not to push M&R on you, but when you appeared to unilaterally resist them as a suggestion (Sorry Stan,
Can't make private calls. My first step is to stay here with community and organize my plan together before any purchase.
) you really do seem like you have been tainted by their trouble making nemesis for whom some here even mistook you.
Granted, the sales pitch offered here by a newly signed member of their crew seemed a mite opportunistic and perhaps even heavy-handed (I don't like sales people), but I think that it's the flip side of their excellent hands-on support.

Back to seeing these things.
It appears that you did not get to the show in NJ, bummer.
Your venture though is big and important enough to consider a trip out to the the left coast and visit the ISS show in Long Beach in the middle of January.
There. you have a chance to see many of these equipment choices up close and personal, under one roof.
You also get the added benefit of meeting me, lol! and my partner Pierre, and a bunch of members with whom you've schmoozed and butted heads.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2013, 10:38:16 AM »
Thread is all over the place, you know what you want then you ask about brown, wont even talk to M&R....sorry but its odd. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
I'm amazed no one has asked Kwan to run his own numbers here.  Planning to do 2500 pieces a week to start, going up to 5000 a week later on.  Going to print one or "no more than two" days a week.  So how about this Workhorse quartz dryer that does 50-60 shirts an hour--then asks "am I missing something?"

My initial guess from this thread would be most definitely, probably more than one something is being missed.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
I say get the Brown, it is going to be the simplest way to get started, no compressor, only one electrical run for the flash and dryer, minimal cost for anything, if you are only going to print 2-3 days per week then keep it simple and if you find you hate the machine or printing in general there is always a garage shop that will take it off your hands.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2013, 02:08:43 PM »
Thread is all over the place, you know what you want then you ask about brown, wont even talk to M&R....sorry but its odd.

Yup. The very first response to this thread was all that was needed, but has been summarily dismissed at least twice.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »
Sorry Fellas'
Time is little against today but I will definitely write detail later on tonight or tomorrow early.

And yes I'm in contact with M&R on DIAMONDBACK SERIES
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:23:01 PM by Kwan »

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2013, 06:34:58 PM »

I am "odd", not a printer and see what the OP wants to do....So I get him.....As far as M&R, they may have the best equipment in the business, but when I look for stuff I typically "cast off" number one as in my mind by virtue of their position in the market place they can get a premium price for what they sell and to me that means their stuff is not the best value.....It may be "flawed" thinking but as I have been sucessful in business it seems to work for me....I love "underdogs" and if I were in the market for equipment, that Green stuff sure looks sharp....