Author Topic: HELP ME Buy a Right Automatic Screen printing machines  (Read 33568 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: HELP ME Buy a S. Roque Screen printing machines
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
I think my over all point is this thread has strong similarities to a reptile of the past and if it's not that's still odd to be considering a sroque and a brown in the same sentence?  LOL  that's odd to me.    My post had very little to do with M&R actually. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »
Not odd if you have no idea what you are getting into. Not odd at all.

Kwan, 2500 pieces is gonna take two years on a Brown.

Hell, it'll probably take you a whole week on any press until you get the hang of it.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2013, 08:18:11 PM »

Hell, it'll probably take you a whole week on any press until you get the hang of it.
The beauty is they don`t even need a 8 color press with all the bells and whistles. A Diamondback is plenty good for them even a 6 color one. If I`m not mistaken they do their own artwork so they can design to the exact specification of their press. There won`t be any turning away customers because he can`t do 8-10 color jobs, he is his own customer and can make the artwork accordingly.

Offline starchild

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
I think we are only seeing half the story.. The nature of their sneaker website and the number of visitors puts them in a special position to have a distribution in place with motivated and receptive customers.. Some of there post are dedicated to matching what to wear with the new kicks.. So why push other peoples shirts when they are setup to push their own.. It wouldn't take a year for them to make back their investment.. To do it right, they need at least 8 heads to be ready for offering any thing.. Some of these sneakers are loaded with colors.. I don't think a site that has come so far, would miss the obvious.

Posted with Tapatalk

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2013, 09:36:59 PM »
I still think the Brown or Anatol Volt is a viable choice for a beginner. Heck Kingscreen who is a member here is rocking some nice prints on a Brown. I just think those would probably be the fastest to get up and running with minimal headaches that a full production auto would entail. But then again if they envision themselves being in full production mode then by all means, M&R, Workhorse, Sroque, MHM etc is the way to go. Im just stuck on the part time thing and then not knowing anything about what all this entails.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »

When it swings from already knowing that he was gonna buy a sroque (see thread subject) to won't talk to M&R to maybe get a brown.   Sorry if you don't find it odd I do. 

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »
OK, I can't help myself anymore....

Kwan- What made you want the S.Roque to begin with? Where did you take your screen printing class? Was it by chance through Ryonet?
Sorry if the questions are intrusive, it is just a S.Roque press(guess any auto press really) is not something you usually hear of someone looking to purchase if they don't have screen printing experience. Again, I am sorry if you feel offended by my question I mean no disrespect, I am just trying to wrap my head around this whole deal. 
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2013, 10:53:45 PM »

Kwan- What made you want the S.Roque to begin with? Where did you take your screen printing class? Was it by chance through Ryonet?
Sorry if the questions are intrusive, it is just a S.Roque press(guess any auto press really) is not something you usually hear of someone looking to purchase if they don't have screen printing experience. Again, I am sorry if you feel offended by my question I mean no disrespect, I am just trying to wrap my head around this whole deal.
I was about to say the same. This all sounds Ryonetish to me.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2013, 11:01:25 PM »

I was about to say the same. This all sounds Ryonetish to me.

Ya, but when he said he was working with Alan from TechSupport that threw me for a loop. Actually this whole post has me thrown for a loop.

More power to you Kwan! If you got the demand and backing to make it work that is awesome and you should be proud! You just have to understand all of us are coming from a position where we print(or job out) for more than just ourselves or one client. It is just a whole different dynamic for us.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2013, 06:34:24 AM »

Wait, you mean this thread is odd or unusual to you as well?  ;)

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »

Kwan, I run a Brown ElectraPrint Jr. and I promise you, 2500 pieces will NOT take you two years to print as ebscreen suggests. Brown may not be the leader of the pack, but it was my choice for many reasons:

1. Small footprint
2. All electric (110v)
3. EXCELLENT SERVICE & SUPPORT
4. Easy setup
5. Low maintenance

I believe you will be happy with ANY press you decide on. Your success will depend on how well you learn to operate it properly and to it's fullest capabilities. After many years of manual printing, it took me a month or so to get the hang of running an auto. The machine (ElectraPrint) is rock solid, and if you can live without some of the bells and whistles of some other autos, Brown could be the perfect choice for you as a beginner.
- Mark

Offline stan

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »
Kwan
I usually don't post on these sites I just wanted to offer a helping hand in understanding what your needs are and give you options of sound choice. I hope your conversation yesterday was informative and if Tony or myself can help you in any way please lets us know. Thanks for taking the time
Stan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:53:02 AM by stan »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
Okay, this thread has gotten a lot of attention, and some of it is for the wrong reasons.

Let's establish some pretty obvious points to get it back to being helpful and informative.
First, let's all agree that the heading is absolutely off base. Kwan is not looking for help buying his press, but obviously desperately needs help and guidance as he enters this industry. I suggest that his heading should have been something more like "Absolute Newbie Needs Help Getting Started"
Followed with the information that he has a need for 2500 shirts a week and definitely wants to produce them in house. (That itself is fodder for discussions of the practicality of that versus contracting it out as well)

Second, let's accept the fact that he has not decided upon a specific press.

Given those parameters, everyone has their opinions on presses (in fact, the opinions from another forum seemed to have helped him initially make his decision)
Over here, he has learned that he gets different suggestions.

So, Sparkie, what kind of numbers are you producing with your Electraprint? The simplicity does have certain appeal in some circumstances. Not everyone needs to buy and drive a Mercedes or BMW, and presses are designed to be more practical without the same aura of image generation as cars.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:36:40 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »
I have a Brown spot flash for the manual. Works great everytime we turn it on.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2013, 11:39:58 AM »
I have a Brown spot flash for the manual. Works great everytime we turn it on.

For that matter, there are plenty of old Harco conveyor dryers still filling shirt bins.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?