Author Topic: Stuck Pallet Tape on Action Eng. Pallets...what to do?  (Read 5711 times)

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: Stuck Pallet Tape on Action Eng. Pallets...what to do?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
...Since we are on the subject...anyone have a link to a place we can order tape and make absolutely sure it is the low-tack stuff? Like, TSB tested-and-approved? I have asked for low-tack on more than one occasion, but it sure didn't seem like that's what I got.

The "ConformĀ®" type of tape from R-tape is or vehicle and seems to stretch some, having less tack.
http://www.rtape.com/application-tapes/

I see that heat over long periods will make it harder to remove too.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 09:38:31 PM »
I can vouch for the conform r tape as well. It's what we use and it works very well

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »
R-Tape Conform you say. Happen to have a number?

I'd switch to it in a flash (pun intended) if it would work better than the Transferrite Low Tack I'm using.

And @ Sbrem:  Lacquer thinner evaporates awfully fast. Too fast to be of much use to us, in our environment with Transferrite tape. That's why I use Kerosene when it's stuck too hard for easy removal under heat. Lacquer Thinner does seem to work pretty well on the slimy residue...AFTER the paper is gone.

I learned the kerosene trick from a Rohm & Haas Plexiglas distributor when I had some signage plastic that wouldn't release the paper liner after being exposed to sunlight for MANY a moon.

Stan

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
R Tape is what I use.  I always put the platen under the flash prior to removal.  It peels off nicely and leaves no residue.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 02:27:10 PM »
update, bought the red wallpaper tool, Pro Strength aerosol Goof off and it comes off.  Still needs elbow grease but it works.  Lesson learned!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 02:34:27 PM »
This should do the trick.
http://www.rtape.com/application-tapes/4078rla

Any of the vinyl application tapes should do the trick. Medium tack should be easier to remove.

Offline danlilsade

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »
Don't leave the tape on for a long period of time.  We take pallets in every week (with used machines), once that tape has been on the pallets for a few months it's nearly impossible to remove (believe me I am an expert on this topic).

Sometimes (when it  has been on too long) we elect to remove the pallet rubber and recover them.  We use heat guns, Wd-40, Naptha and and a dull paint scraper. 

The key is to change the paper often, leave the pallets w/o paper when putting them in storage, re-apply paper when they are remounted to the machine.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 01:34:27 PM »
This particular thread is almost two years old, but just recently, the issue popped up again in another thread, with some more suggestions, a recommendation for some magic juice, and some interesting information from one of the tape manufacturers.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,15443.0.html

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 02:31:40 PM »
I don't get it, we can leave transfer (pallet) tape on for many months of daily use and still get it off without problem. Maybe our platens have different rubber on them?
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline danlilsade

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 02:33:15 PM »
That could be?  A bunch of factors are likely at play.