Author Topic: Darn you 244!  (Read 1719 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Darn you 244!
« on: November 22, 2013, 06:42:39 AM »
So I'm up past bedtime making stuffing for forty people last night as today is our infamous Thanksgiving Throwdown. My Purchasing Manager mentioned that hot foods could be placed on the dryer as we didn't have enough hot plates for all the food. Well gues what? No go. Not a single hot or even warm spot on any of our dryers. Waiting for stores to open and clean them out of hot plates.
Thanks Rich!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Darn you 244!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:50:44 AM »
So I'm up past bedtime making stuffing for forty people last night as today is our infamous Thanksgiving Throwdown. My Purchasing Manager mentioned that hot foods could be placed on the dryer as we didn't have enough hot plates for all the food. Well gues what? No go. Not a single hot or even warm spot on any of our dryers. Waiting for stores to open and clean them out of hot plates.
Thanks Rich!
Tony we make an optional hot plate that connects to the exhaust blower. Not only does it heat your food you can also smoke flavor the meat if you run see throughs at the same time. Make sure the ink is thilate free in case anyone is under 12. Happy Thanksgiving!
Rich Hoffman

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:58:14 AM »
Thanks Rich!
Tony we make an optional hot plate that connects to the exhaust blower. Not only does it heat your food you can also smoke flavor the meat if you run see throughs at the same time. Make sure the ink is thilate free in case anyone is under 12. Happy Thanksgiving!

Speaking of heat from dryers. On a serious note, we're having some HVAC guys come out to work on our exhaust. A few years ago you mentioned there was some thing i could put on the exhaust stack to ustilize the heat from the exhaust to warm the shop. You said the hvac people would know about it. But i'm not sure what to ask them for. Do you remember what that's called? Thanks!

-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:49:03 AM »
Heat Exchanger

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 08:46:26 AM »
we used to have a guy at the shop that would run his lunch through the dryer to heat it up before he ate it.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 08:49:19 AM »
So did we till I banned it.......Zincformaldehydesulfoxilate not exactly an approved FDA food additive!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »
But it is great for warming socks up on a cold morning!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 10:27:52 AM »
Thanks Rich!

Speaking of heat from dryers. On a serious note, we're having some HVAC guys come out to work on our exhaust. A few years ago you mentioned there was some thing i could put on the exhaust stack to ustilize the heat from the exhaust to warm the shop. You said the hvac people would know about it. But i'm not sure what to ask them for. Do you remember what that's called? Thanks!
There could be a heat exchanger put in the exhaust stack with a thermostat, warp switch and fan. the unit would only work if the temperature in the exhaust meets the warp switch setting and the thermostat was calling for heat. We cannot do it or we would lose our certification.
Rich Hoffman

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 01:52:33 PM »
Heat exchanger! Perfect! Thanks!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart