Author Topic: Has anyone here used a Action Engineering LOC Gauge?  (Read 4010 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Has anyone here used a Action Engineering LOC Gauge?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
Here is a pic of probably the very first flood bar with dial indicators, made in 2009.  I had a feeling when I was making mine that I couldn't have been the first to think of it...I never am.

Here is the one I fabricated last year and have used a half dozen times or so.  I've wanted to find some little rollers for tips but haven't had time to look.  The tips on these dial indicators screw right off so I know they make roller tips for them.

And underneath that flood bar you'll see "the notebook" that I literally write just about everything down in, ink formulas, job problems, mesh tensions, EOM numbers, phone conversation notes, you name it, it goes in that spiral notebook.  That's my 3rd one and I'm on my 4th one right now. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkbrigade

Re: Has anyone here used a Action Engineering LOC Gauge?
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 07:08:38 AM »
And underneath that flood bar you'll see "the notebook" that I literally write just about everything down in, ink formulas, job problems, mesh tensions, EOM numbers, phone conversation notes, you name it, it goes in that spiral notebook.  That's my 3rd one and I'm on my 4th one right now.

Not to get to OT but maybe try to use Evernote on your smart phone or a tablet. I use it for all kinds of stuff and use dictation in it as well.

The killer thing is it will sync on all your devices, you never have to hit save, and it's searchable. So instead of looking through a bunch of notebooks for that one formula, if you can remember some keywords you're golden.

This is probably such an obvious idea it's not worth mentioning here, but if people haven't tried it, it's awesome.. At least for me.

For example, I have an illustrator file with a drawing for how to cut a 10 yard piece of mesh down to screen size. I only need this information a few times a year. But when i do i can never remember. So i just open up evernote, type mesh cutting and boom, up pops a graphic showing me where to cut it.

Also i keep having bad luck with control boards on our forklift. So when i initaly swapped the board i took some pics of where the wires go, and added the work forklift to the note. Now when i have to replace that damn board again, i just search for forklift and it brings up my notes and photos.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart