Author Topic: Adobe Creative Cloud...  (Read 14099 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Adobe Creative Cloud...
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
Also check out Vector Magic, we use it a lot for vectoring stuff and it seems way better than CS5 at least.  Have not used CS6 to compare.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »
I ask this question a little while back is it really worth the upgrade, I still keep an old win 98 that works and my XP, even though I have newer version of Photoshop and Illy I still use AI 10, this cloud stuff if you look at it ain't that bad I guess 600 a year vs paying 1200 or more at one time Hmmmm.  I would really like to check out that tracing program though...

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »
Pierre
How does 6 help with better w/ vector?
Thx

Kevin is right, Live Trace now has a function that computes the straight lines. You can actually vectorize text now and it looks good!

the sliders are a little more intuitive, too.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 05:52:16 PM »
Also check out Vector Magic, we use it a lot for vectoring stuff and it seems way better than CS5 at least.  Have not used CS6 to compare.

Vector Magic used to be my go to while on CS5. I have not gone there since getting CS6, it beats it hands down!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »
Well you convinced me to get on CS6 or check out this CC mumbo jumbo.  Live Trace can save epic amounts of time in our line of work that all too often involves web files submitted for printing. 

From an artists' standpoint I have mixed feelings about live trace type programs but appreciate how quickly you can generate line art elements with it if you get in tune with the controls.  It's not as good as hand drawn/hand cut images but it's pretty dang good and it's fast enough that clients can afford work drafted using it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 05:59:42 PM »
Well you convinced me to get on CS6 or check out this CC mumbo jumbo.  Live Trace can save epic amounts of time in our line of work that all too often involves web files submitted for printing. 

From an artists' standpoint I have mixed feelings about live trace type programs but appreciate how quickly you can generate line art elements with it if you get in tune with the controls.  It's not as good as hand drawn/hand cut images but it's pretty dang good and it's fast enough that clients can afford work drafted using it.

send me a file and I'll run it through Live Trace. You can be the judge before spending the money. Now that I think about it, you can get a 30 day trial too!

pierre

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
A little FYI, Adobe illustrator CC $19.99/month same for Photoshop CS 6. Both can be installed on 2 different computers. I think you can get an even better deal if you run already a previous version of any Adobe CS product. The whole set of Adobe CC cost right now $49.99 or you can get a 40% discount if you have an old Adobe CS product and pay only $39.99. But who needs all the CC software in our business anyway?

Offline Lizard

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
Creative cloud is the way to go. $600 a year for two computers and the latest and greatest all the time is a steal. Now if your a hobbyist then that is very steep.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 08:13:22 AM »
Where are you finding $600 for 2 computers? I think for one we pay $50 and if you have 2 it's $80 for two years then bumps up.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 08:40:50 AM »
researched this ALOT last night, think we are gonna go the cloud route.  and yes its 2 computers for $50.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 08:58:40 AM »
 Can both computers both be running it at the same time?

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
Yes it is 2 computer you can run at the same time, doesn't matter which OS each computer is. We are looking into doing this next year.

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »
Where are you finding $600 for 2 computers? I think for one we pay $50 and if you have 2 it's $80 for two years then bumps up.

Are you sure it is $80 for 2 years?

because:

The plan for individual is around $50/month on a one year commitment.
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/design.html

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
two computers is still for only one user from what I understand. They are letting you install it on two computers so you can have it on your laptop and work or home and work and so on. . .
If you have two users, you are supposed to buy two licenses.

First year of CC is discounted, so it would be $30/month. This means $60 for two licenses.

The problem with this is, I paid under $400 every year to upgrade and owned the software. Now it's $600 per year and I own nothing!

pierre

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »
i think they should have made it $20 a month per user and more people would jump on it.  I won't spend $50 a month on CC, no way in hell.  I am a corel guy anyway.