Author Topic: Adobe Creative Cloud...  (Read 14109 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Adobe Creative Cloud...
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 06:36:23 PM »
Is anyone running CC currently?

We do run it now for 3 month I think. Works perfect. No issues. Even if the internet is down. Don`t know where these rumours come from that you can`t run it if you have no access to the net? Loving the constant notifications regarding free upgrades available you get once you have signed up. Trace function is the bomb, much better then in the old version.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »
Rockers, thank you!  That's what I needed to hear.  Installing new versions of Adobe CS has taken up to a day or longer to smooth out in the past due to bugs with the current OS and CS versions and we're so freaking busy that I don't have that time.  Sounds like CC has it all figured out.  What OS are you running it on?   Still on Snow Leopard here.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 06:44:18 PM »
I'm running windows 7 64bit here and have cc installed.  I have it installed on the computer at the shop and here at home I actually haven't taken advantage of the cloud yet though I just save it at one place or the other and email it back and forth.  I've had it for around 4 months now and so far I'm digging it. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 06:49:06 PM »
Rockers, thank you!  That's what I needed to hear.  Installing new versions of Adobe CS has taken up to a day or longer to smooth out in the past due to bugs with the current OS and CS versions and we're so freaking busy that I don't have that time.  Sounds like CC has it all figured out.  What OS are you running it on?   Still on Snow Leopard here.
My MAC is on Mavericks and my wife runs CC  on here MAC with 10.6.8.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 06:51:29 PM »
I'm running windows 7 64bit here and have cc installed.  I have it installed on the computer at the shop and here at home I actually haven't taken advantage of the cloud yet though I just save it at one place or the other and email it back and forth.  I've had it for around 4 months now and so far I'm digging it.
We don`t use there Cloud either for saving our files. We got our own cloud server at our shop which allows us to access all files not only artwork files from anywhere on our mobile devices or laptop.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2014, 07:46:56 PM »
Perfect, exact version I'm on, 10.6.8   Sounds like they hay have overcome some issues with new releases with CC, at least I hope the did, I used to dread upgrading either the OS or adobe suite, it used to be a guaranteed bummer every time.

CC let's you store active art?  That sounds convenient.  We use dropbox for quick access to quoted and active jobs and then the files get put to bed in Google Drive and on a local HD that's backed up.  I'd be happy to have cloud storage built in with Adobe. 

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2014, 09:11:10 PM »
I just added (CC) on my personal lap top. Seems to be running fine.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2014, 07:53:59 AM »
I've been using CC here since it came out.  The way I look at it, is that I use Illustrator, Photoshop and Lightroom...  if I'm bought them the 'first' time, and then upgrades to the newest version every other year or so, it's nearly the same price as just buying CC...  plus, now you get Adobe font access, and the ability to play with any of the other apps too (if we ever had time lol)

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »
Scott Fresener has  some videos on You Tube/T-Biz Network that explains the Adbe Creative Cloud upgrades. I have only watched the first one and he covers alot of stuff.

Offline MrBreeze

• !!!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 12:13:53 PM »
What if you have third party plugins like Filterit or Xtrem path.  Can you add third party plugin to CC?
If it's so easy, you do it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 12:19:34 PM »
I've been using CC here since it came out.  The way I look at it, is that I use Illustrator, Photoshop and Lightroom...  if I'm bought them the 'first' time, and then upgrades to the newest version every other year or so, it's nearly the same price as just buying CC...  plus, now you get Adobe font access, and the ability to play with any of the other apps too (if we ever had time lol)

the only problem with this is that right now I have a copy of CS6 I can sell and recover a lot of money. When the CC subscription is over, there is nothing left to sell. It's the difference between the lease and purchase. . . I prefer to buy, but am forced to lease in this case.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
What if you have third party plugins like Filterit or Xtrem path.  Can you add third party plugin to CC?

Yes you can add 3rd party plugins.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2014, 01:08:01 PM »

the only problem with this is that right now I have a copy of CS6 I can sell and recover a lot of money. When the CC subscription is over, there is nothing left to sell. It's the difference between the lease and purchase. . . I prefer to buy, but am forced to lease in this case.

pierre

You have all the money you made.....Folks keep worrying about how how it costs versus how much money you can make with it.....I have have and love it.....

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 01:15:13 PM »

pierre

You have all the money you made.....Folks keep worrying about how how it costs versus how much money you can make with it.....I have have and love it.....

the problem is, a paid version makes the same amount of money but also builds equity. Anybody with an exit strategy should be taking these things into consideration.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 01:21:14 PM »
There are lots of things you spend money on each month that are gone at the end of the month....Rent, electricity, cell phone, insurance, advertising, etc. etc.....Are you going to start your own power company, telephone company, etc. etc.?....CC is a "drop" in the bucket compared to the average cell phone bill yet it seems to get far more discussion....

PS...I think a cell phone is an expense I can live without, so I do......