Author Topic: Adobe Creative Cloud...  (Read 14110 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Adobe Creative Cloud...
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »
i think they should have made it $20 a month per user and more people would jump on it.  I won't spend $50 a month on CC, no way in hell.  I am a corel guy anyway.

And your work reflects it!  OOOHHH!  Just kidding! ;)
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »
speak of the devil, just got a CC file that will probably not convert to CS6. 'has gradients. I'll check it out at home. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »
And your work reflects it!  OOOHHH!  Just kidding! ;)

aghhhhh....sorry i was so late responding to this...my internet was turned off and I was waiting for it to finish wee-ooo-wee-oooing at me.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »
Most  folks seem to have no problem paying "premium" prices for your equipment so why not for your software?.....The cost of Adobe products for me is "rounding error" in the scheme of things (Way way under 1% of my annual sales).....If I avoid "pissing off" just 1 client a year, I probably make my money back.....So I do not own it......I pay monthly for many things I will never own....Not a big deal....So long as I can make money it is no big deal.....

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
Whatever happened to GIMP? I believe it only ran on Linux though. I think Evo on here used it awhile back. Anybody else ever used it? I am just curious. Not switching over

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 02:08:27 PM »
my artist used it and told me it does everything photoshop does.  but we aint switching.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 02:19:38 PM »
GIMP is a little less than user friendly to say the least. They have a Windows port.

Unfortunately Adobe has gone the way of the monopoly as they ARE the industry standard, for many industries.
Through the years of using their products the quality and usability has gone way the eff down hill.
Ridiculous bugs that never get dealt with, etc. Hell, I only install back versions of effing Reader for crying out loud.
And don't even get me started on PDF forms.

Basically, I would have a heck of a lot more support for them going the subscription route IF they had a heck of a lot
more support for their products.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 03:11:52 PM »
Agreed!!

There is also Inkscape (I think that's it) which is the open source version of Illustrator.  I can barely use Illustrator so I certainly have never tried Inkscape.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
Set the Way-Back machine to our early days here at TSB. Last post contains a link to some instructions.

http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,267.0.html
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »
I'm being dumb here but you do need the the internet to use CC right? so what if your net goes down or something no artwork, atleast if you have the program out right you can use anytime you please even if the electric goes out you can still work on your laptop if needed.
More pros & cons to CC or any other program you have to depend on some one else Hmmm.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
I'm being dumb here but you do need the the internet to use CC right? so what if your net goes down or something no artwork, atleast if you have the program out right you can use anytime you please even if the electric goes out you can still work on your laptop if needed.
More pros & cons to CC or any other program you have to depend on some one else Hmmm.

Darryl

Darryl,

we covered this before. You only need to connect once in six months if you are on a long term contract.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 04:42:49 PM »
It sounds like more than "Cloud Based", it's now going to be Download only.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »
Ok I missed that, so I'm like Frog down load base so every six months it times out? and you just renew like I do my antivirus software, but you still pay monthly. I still like the idea of having a cd or jump drive with the program on it.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »
Go to Adobe site, there is a video on their site called 5 myths of CC.  Pretty much explains EVERYTHING!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2014, 05:55:37 PM »
Is anyone running CC currently?

My install of CS4 on my main mac pro workstation has officially shat itself.  Dang near drove me insane before I confirmed that it's just buggy, both illy and PS- preferences like saved workspaces changing, constantly repopulating swatches, removing my character and PMS coated palettes, re-opening layers when they were closed on save, pasting objects just wherever the hell it wants rather than on the selected layer, the occasional total loss of saved work when working in multi-channel mode (even in time machine copies) and on and on and on.  Wasting a lot of time each day I keep using the suite as it is. 

I know we pretty much all have to go to CC and I don't really have a choice so if anyone has a few tips on moving over I'd love to hear 'em.