Author Topic: Question about DTS/CTS systems  (Read 1431 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Question about DTS/CTS systems
« on: November 05, 2013, 02:35:32 PM »
I have been following this whole CTS transition and I had a question that I don't think has been asked or covered. If it has sorry.
These systems basically use a modified ink jet(yes I know there is a bit more to it than that) printer that just prints what you would print on a film directly on the screen, right? Well is there ever any issue of a print head getting clogged or blocked like a regular ink jet does from time to time?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Question about DTS/CTS systems
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »
The guy at the M&R booth said that it is constantly circulated and that there was cleaning fluid plumbed right up to it and all you had to do was switch some hoses out.

SOUNDED good. :)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:02:43 PM »
So is there never a head clog issue or a need for a head cleaning? My thought was just it would suck to get to the step of rinsing out a screen only to find out that there was a clog.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 03:40:18 PM »
Alex

we have had our Iimage for about 1.5 yrs now and we have had zero problems with it.  Ours is ink based vs. some are waxed based. 

we use it daily to do about 20-30 screens.  we do a cleaning once a week ( seems to be working so why change it )

anything else please let me know

thanks

sam

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
On our cts system which is real similar to the i image st so I assume the process is about the same. Our std. procedure is we do an "auto clean" in the morning when we come in followed by a nozzle check. This is all done with the click of a button inside the printer control software. If the print head becomes clogged for whatever reason(rare) then all you need to do a "system flush".... Again this is done by a single button push within the printer control software. The cts system has the cleaning solution in a separate resevoir and there's a y type connection with a shutoff valve so if you want to flush the system you turn the valve and that is all.... Basically with the way our cts machine and the m&r machine everything is done with a click of the button... If the head gets clogged which is rare then you push a button and within a minute you are back up and running. I'm sure Alex M can jump on here and explain it better but the bottom line is with the m&r cts printer you really don't need to worry about a clogged print head and if it does happen it's only a matter of pushing a button. It's very very easy process since everything is automatic. I'll post a quick video of the cleaning the print head when I can get some spare time.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Alex M

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:09 PM »
The i-Image ST/STE are running a dye based ink. This results in no clogging due to the lack of pigment being in the inks.
As far as maintenance goes, it takes around 2 minutes once a day and 10 minutes once a week.
Alex Mammoser
Director of Sales
Easiway Systems
Mobile: +1 630 220 6588
alex@easiway.com