Author Topic: What are you doing to beat the heat??  (Read 6991 times)

Offline Northland

Re: What are you doing to beat the heat??
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »

we are at 94 with 60% humidity going towards 75% humidity. You can cut the air with a knife!

We had dew points of 82 degrees on Tuesday. Now that's humid.  Not only could you cut it with a knife... you could scoop it with a spoon.
Literally, the only place in the world with a higher dew point was the Amazon rainforest.

Offline dsh

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
I love telling my kids in Indiana and Michigan to come to Florida to "cool off".  Yesterday it was 90 in SW Florida and 96 in Michigan.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »

we are at 94 with 60% humidity going towards 75% humidity. You can cut the air with a knife!

We had dew points of 82 degrees on Tuesday. Now that's humid.  Not only could you cut it with a knife... you could scoop it with a spoon.
Literally, the only place in the world with a higher dew point was the Amazon rainforest.

we are at 75deg dew point, so not far behind . . . Not sure I would be willing to run  screenprinting shop if the AC was not an option.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline aauusa

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »
I enjoy the heat.  I do not have a/c at the house nor in my truck.  so when I go into work and it reaches 105 in the press area I am used to it..    My motto is the A/C make you weak.   Just let you body cool it self and stay well hydrated along with electrolites and you will be just fine. 

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:46 PM »
95 with 40% here. Coming in at 5:30 in the morning and going into the
AC in embroidery by 9:30.   8)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
105 in the shop right now, progress is slow I keep taking breaks. I miss having the shop at home and coming inside for AC  and ice cold tea breaks. My cold drink stay cold for about 10 minites here at the shop. This mini fridge isnt cutting it.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »
We have been experiencing a record heat wave here in OKIE land. Thus far the month of July has been the hottest ever recorded here. I think the av. temp for this month has been 89.6.  This is well over the 30th day of the summer with temps at or above 100.  Hot mfer for sure. It was 110 in the shop this afternoon.  Fixing to shut down and go hit the pool....

Online Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »
This our nastiest day of the year so far, but tomorrow is supposed to be worse. I'm in the office mostly, where we have AC, but the shop is 98 right now, and the Dew point is about 74, like light beer, effing close to water... short lunches, skip 2nd break, leave early. We'd let them come in even earlier to be able to leave earlier, but alas, they don't show up early, so...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »
Thinking about switching to over nights...  6pm to 3am. Pick up customers will hate me but dang it's hot!

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
36" and 42" blower fans to help circulate the air.  Ive been wearing basically nothing and hoping the neighbors dont see when i flash the fan to relieve the 'swoobs' ...also keep forgetting to bring in my camelbak--wouldn't be the first time i printed wearing it. LOL
We generally start printing at 3am all year. My printers wife had a baby so he's been off the past 3 days.  Been stacking the printing up and he and I will start about 9pm tomorrow night and print till it's done, proable sometime Saturday afternoon.
I gotta ask Shellyky, what is a "camelbak"  Noone else asked so maybe they know, but I don't have a clue.  I know what a camel t.. never mind.
Terry

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
...also keep forgetting to bring in my camelbak--wouldn't be the first time i printed wearing it. LOL

I gotta ask Shellyky, what is a "camelbak"  Noone else asked so maybe they know, but I don't have a clue.  I know what a camel t.. never mind.
Terry

Here you go, but I'm surprised, knowing you, you didn't ask her, "one hump or two"?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:34:01 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
...also keep forgetting to bring in my camelbak--wouldn't be the first time i printed wearing it. LOL

Terry

Here you go, but I'm surprised, knowing you, you didn't ask her, "one hump or two"?

I'm gettin old, didn't want to ask, ones enough!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »
Brings up an PG13 or R rated joke, I first heard 50 years ago, perfect for you because it also includes cigarettes.

A woman is out on the lake, in a boat fishing with a guy friend.
He asks her if she'd like a smoke, and proceeds to take one out of an unlubricated condom (this is an old joke remember)
"What's that"? (remember, this is an old joke)
"It's  a rubber, a condom, Good for keeping my smokes dry"

The next day she went to her drug store and asked where to find them. "They need to fit a pack of Camels" she told the clerk.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
Since finally replacing the dehumidifier in my screen catalog, I have been paying much more attention to our relative humidity in general.
Today, at 10:00 am, 38% outside, 49% inside.
Outside temp is 82, and the shop is dark and not operating this morning so the temp in there doesn't mean much right now. Art and computer room is in the house, air conditioned.  ;D

I feel for you.  82 outside.  That must be tuff......  :-\
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »
I just bought a swamp cooler and it is fine if you are standing within 8-10 ft of it and I put a big fan by the roll up door to exhaust the heat. Works ok but A.C. would be awesome.