Computers and Software > Computers and Software - General

mac os X Lion upgrade?

<< < (2/4) > >>

ZooCity:

--- Quote ---The take-away here is DON'T rush out and upgrade to the newest OS right away, if you are running a business dependent on it. Give it some time to let the bugs get worked out at the software developer level.
--- End quote ---

I couldn't agree more.  The OS just runs apps, which are what you really need to get your job done.  From what I saw Lion just looks like a slightly "iphone" themed version of snow leopard.  Big deal.  There's a few handy additions in there but nothing that isn't already just as functional under Leopard.  This looks like a mild refinement at best. 

That said, if you plan on purchasing a new mac this year, get ready to deal with lion whether you like it or not I guess. 

And Frog, I think Macs may have actually eclipsed Windows-based machines in terms of compatibility.   We have a wireless printer at the store and it hooked up just fine to all the macs, first try, but our windows 7 point of sale...no dice after hours of troubleshooting.  Hell hath indeed frozen over.    It's always been just the other way around. 

Denis Kolar:
The most issues I have with any of my computers are caused by Explorer, and the whole frigging Windows runs on it.

I had it when I tried to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. Upgrade disc came with another disc that had "Help" software on it.
Ironically, I could not instal "the Help" software on my PC because it would not run past a certain point.

mk162:
I like W7 so far.  Most of my problems are caused by Firefox, it becomes such a resource hog and even with 12G of RAM, it would slow my system down to a crawl.

JBLUE:
I was all PC up until 2 years ago. Once I got over the initial fear of the MAC I have no interest in going back to a PC. I have a PC at the ink station and thats it. I got a new Imac at the beginning of the year and it is so stable I dont have any interest in upgrading to Lion.

Sbrem:
I've been running Macs since 6.0.3, and I usually like to wait for the new OS's to shake out the bugs, so to speak. I really like the $30.00 price tag. I'm running Leopard currently... I'm going to wait a bit.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version