Author Topic: Spray Outs!  (Read 4653 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Re: Spray Outs!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
We tell our customers that supply their own garments that we are not responsible for things like their garment being scorched by the dryer at the temperature we normally run it at or any defections the garment might have.  Printing on the wrong side however, we would have to eat or give them to the customer at no charge.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Croft

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »
I haven't had a chance to pull the press op aside and discuss the situation. So all I do know is that at it's core, it's gotta be negligence.(On SOMEONE'S part)  I don't recall ever having seen that particular brand/style garment through here before, but they DO have a printed swoosh logo in the collar (at the back). So even a first timer picking one of them up isn't going to put it on backwards! There are some SERIOUS systemic problems extant around here, so it isn't inconceivable that the paperwork was either confusing/conflicting, or just. flat. wrong...
Experience here has taught me not to rule out  that possibility! LOL! Thanx for the feedback, all!

Stuff happens , if this Op. hasn't done anything like this in a while cut them some slack, I have seen a few posts on this board where the owner/boss has really blown a gasket on a mistake, yes they do happen. If its something repeating then go nuts fire them whatever.
 Let them know that yes this is a PAIN in the A$$ but well deal with it. It beats freaking out then one day in the future coming back to the shop to find that someone has used a half gallon of spot remover to save a $2.00 teeshirt, don't ask me how I know this will happen.

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 07:37:40 AM »
The question I have for you guys is how do you keep your employees accountable? Do you guys have a written procedure? I feel like as we grow the mistakes are growing and all I get is I'm sorry over and over. I've been looking for a good starting point reference to make our people accountable otherwise sooner or later I'll probably blow the gasket.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »
I recommend not blowing a gasket as they are important to..uh...everything working properly :D

Honestly, if the op made a mistake, owned up to it without being dismissive or lippy, and it wasn't a recurring issue, I would just tell them to be more careful and stress how costly a mistake like this can be.  I don't have any employees, but when I contract help from friends or family I always stress that it is better to do things right than to do things fast as quality is the most important factor.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
The question I have for you guys is how do you keep your employees accountable? Do you guys have a written procedure? I feel like as we grow the mistakes are growing and all I get is I'm sorry over and over. I've been looking for a good starting point reference to make our people accountable otherwise sooner or later I'll probably blow the gasket.

I have someone here mention an incentive program in which a designated amount or percentage is set aside as a bonus. Misprints and similar errors are subtracted from this fund.
Financial incentive and peer pressure can be powerful allies.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »
I like that idea.  Take 2-3% off every job and put it aside.  Use it for reprints of any errors, and whats left is distributed as a bonus every quarter or year or whatever.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
Yeah, incentivizing is the only thing I can think of as well.  I like to reward my guys/gals when they do what I asked quickly and without issue.  Example, new phone handling/email/follow up method.  My office manager jumped right on it as soon as I introduced the idea, I praised her and then gave her a gift card (we have a few laying around of different denominations for different performance rewards).  She of course tried to refuse it, but I rewarded anyway.

On the other hand, my printer if he would ever read some of the books I give him, I'd give him a small bonus for each one... but he hates reading/getting bonuses I guess. ;)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 11:26:37 AM »
Is incentivizing a word?  ;D

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
Watch out now.

Chrome didn't know nothing about it... but it's a word. ;)