Author Topic: Holy Bajeeesus!!  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Holy Bajeeesus!!
« on: July 19, 2011, 01:41:06 PM »
....Getting ready to leave the shop last night. We were walking out the door and my wife lets out this Euwwwww. :o (Pointing to the shirt bend)... Look!!!  There were thousands of winged and non winged ants crawling all over my Gildan G2000 white tees.  WTF?  Went outside and laid down some card board on the side walk and starting carrying ant covered tees and stacked them up.  Called my daughter and told her to bring some pesticide from the storage shed. I did not want to spray the shirts obviously but I did spray the sh!t out the base boards and walls. You could not shake them bastards off the shirts. So I got a heat gun and started blasting heat on them. Now that was fun.  SOBs ran like a bunch of school girls. Spent about an hour getting them de-anted.  I wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion. Had on flip flops. My toes got gnawed on pretty good.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Holy Bajeeesus!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
....Getting ready to leave the shop last night. We were walking out the door and my wife lets out this Euwwwww. :o (Pointing to the shirt bend)... Look!!!  There were thousands of winged and non winged ants crawling all over my Gildan G2000 white tees.  WTF?  Went outside and laid down some card board on the side walk and starting carrying ant covered tees and stacked them up.  Called my daughter and told her to bring some pesticide from the storage shed. I did not want to spray the shirts obviously but I did spray the sh!t out the base boards and walls. You could not shake them bastards off the shirts. So I got a heat gun and started blasting heat on them. Now that was fun.  SOBs ran like a bunch of school girls. Spent about an hour getting them de-anted.  I wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion. Had on flip flops. My toes got gnawed on pretty good.

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 02:49:19 PM »

Yep. Pix  or it didn't happen!

;)

... I got my flippy floppies... BBQ'n ants mother ****er... I'M ON A BOAT!
Here we go ...again

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »
Pretty sure I heard someone say on the old old board that they found a scorpion once in thier box of Gildans.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »

Yep. Pix  or it didn't happen!

I was talking to Dan this morning and that is what we were talking about. I was so damn wound up while it was happening. When it was over, I told my wife I should have video it and Youtubed it. Could have had at least 10 views by now. ;)

Offline dsh

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »
3 days ago we got an infestation of red ants on our 50/50 shirt shelves.  They like to bite.  I said send the shirts through the dryer, but my wife sprayed the crap out of them with bug spray.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
Donnie its so dam hot out there in Oklahoma they just found  a nice dry cool place to chill for a bit and then you go and toss more heat around LOL
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 11:52:31 PM »
This look familiar?  http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/4dmg/Pests/flyant.htm

I'm going to add a personal experience here.

How many of you have had a wasp or bee come in to where you're printing?  You don't want to swinging things or start spraying wasp spray everywhere, right? 

So what do you do?

I keep a shop vac around.  When one of them winged pests come inside, I just turn on the shop vac, find the bugger, and THHHUUUUUMMMMMPPPPPP. 

I figure his wings get a bit messed up and by the time he figures out how to separate himself from the dust and debris in the bottom and start hiking out, he'll be history.  Never have seen one exit.....alive.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers