Author Topic: T-shirt boxes  (Read 3852 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: T-shirt boxes
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »

I'm not racist... I'm open to brown boxes as well. ;)

ZING!!!!! You just kinda pined me in a corner! Thanks buddy.... :o

Hey, you are in Minnesota, all you ever see is white.  Well, except for that one 4' tall dude purifying himself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

Someone is in the wrong line of work.... Comedy may pay better!

My dad's side of the fam is from Tennessee, I remember hearing my great grandpa calling the civil war "the war of northern aggression"  :o
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 08:37:10 PM »
..we print our own boxes, as well as some large paper bags for smaller orders. Attached are a couple of pics for reference. We chose these two because we can use the same art/screen for both.The box we get is here...

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-16741/Corrugated-Boxes-200-Test/21-x-15-x-15-Corrugated-Boxes

...the the paper bag is quite large, we can get two dozen in there no problem....they are also a lot less expensive than a comparable box.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-9663/Retail-Bags-Paper/24-x-7-1-4-x-18-3-4-Magnum-Kraft-Paper-Shopping-Bags

..we have used different inks in the past, but this last time we went with Nazdar 5500 series made for uncoated paper. Turned our gas dryer down to 180 degrees and ran thru as normal. The boxes do tend to curl and get hung in the dryer, so open your gates up wide and experiment with how you lay them on the belt. Worked great!
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »

I'm not racist... I'm open to brown boxes as well. ;)

ZING!!!!! You just kinda pined me in a corner! Thanks buddy.... :o

Hey, you are in Minnesota, all you ever see is white.  Well, except for that one 4' tall dude purifying himself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

Someone is in the wrong line of work.... Comedy may pay better!

My dad's side of the fam is from Tennessee, I remember hearing my great grandpa calling the civil war "the war of northern aggression"  :o

Uhh, I still here tha "joke" to this day!

..we print our own boxes, as well as some large paper bags for smaller orders. Attached are a couple of pics for reference. We chose these two because we can use the same art/screen for both.The box we get is here...

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-16741/Corrugated-Boxes-200-Test/21-x-15-x-15-Corrugated-Boxes

...the the paper bag is quite large, we can get two dozen in there no problem....they are also a lot less expensive than a comparable box.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-9663/Retail-Bags-Paper/24-x-7-1-4-x-18-3-4-Magnum-Kraft-Paper-Shopping-Bags

..we have used different inks in the past, but this last time we went with Nazdar 5500 series made for uncoated paper. Turned our gas dryer down to 180 degrees and ran thru as normal. The boxes do tend to curl and get hung in the dryer, so open your gates up wide and experiment with how you lay them on the belt. Worked great!

Very nice sir, thanks for the insight!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 12:36:01 AM »
For those using speedball ink, which one? Acrylic?

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 02:23:16 AM »
If you don't want to bother buying more ink, plain wb shirt ink might work. It's worth a try. I'm not a big fan of speedball to be honest. I have used aerotex a couple times because I had it laying around, which is a shirt ink.

Whatever graphic ink you use, keep that stencil flooded.

Anyone buy the boxes cut, but flat and unglued?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 08:05:36 AM »
I just use standard speedball shirt ink too... I'm guessing any wb shirt ink would probably work just fine tho...  it just happens to be what we had laying around the shop the first time we tried it.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
we print those brown bags with our logo with regular plastisol black, run it through the dryer, no problems.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »
we print those brown bags with our logo with regular plastisol black, run it through the dryer, no problems.

I've done that as well.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »
We always use the fabric speedball, but honestly I can't tell a difference between their lines.  I have picked up the wrong one on accident and didn't notice.  I sort of assumed the fabric would be higher quality which is why we buy that, but they both suck crap for anything but quick paper printing.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 11:31:19 AM »
I've been wanting to do this for a while now.  Print a couple hundred boxes with our logo on them and use them every once in a while.  We can't use them for everything that goes out of here or we'd go broke but if done strategically I think it could make a difference.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »
start with those brown bags, that's how we started.  good for those small orders.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
We've been using the bags more and more actually.  You can fit 36-48 shirts (four dozens with the sleeved tucked under and stacked) in the 10x15x15 bags from uline depending on the shirt size.  They cost barely anything.