Author Topic: Can't find it easily  (Read 2014 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Can't find it easily
« on: September 24, 2013, 03:20:15 PM »
whatthefont came up with a couple options but nothing I currently own. Any ideas?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Can't find it easily
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 04:10:38 PM »
If not looking for an exact match try Cambria its really similar
"No man is an island"

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:18:26 PM »
Calisto MT

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
whatthefont came up with a couple options but nothing I currently own. Any ideas?

Looks like it got solved but if any of the WTF suggestions are close matches, then do a search to see if they were available reasonably (free)

I also seem to remember someone suggesting another better ID site, WhatFontIs, I think.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:44:07 PM »
It just kills me when a  customers comes in with a crazy font and don't have a clue where they got it from or the name...and it came from there computer most times.

D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »

Looks like it got solved but if any of the WTF suggestions are close matches, then do a search to see if they were available reasonably (free)

I also seem to remember someone suggesting another better ID site, WhatFontIs, I think.
WhatFontIs, is a very good site.  I usually hit it first before going to whatthefont.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »
also, if you know the font name, throw it out here. Chances are good that somebody here might have what you are looking for. We have a pretty extensive collection of fonts here and I can lay out what you need and convert it to curves.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 09:02:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for the replies, sorry I have been backed up even getting to this art. What Font Is kicked whatthefont in the pants with this one, wow. That's a cool site and I will use it first from now on, never knew there was another font id site!

Whatfontis matched it up to Gentium Basic (bold) which is a free font, yesssss, matches perfectly.

Thanks Pierre, I will definitely post the font name if I'm searching for a specific one that costs a bundle, and I'll do the same if anyone else needs a font that I have in outlines that they don't have.