Author Topic: What is your number?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
What is your number?
« on: September 12, 2013, 02:17:25 PM »
Of perfectly reclaimed screens per hour?  What is acceptable in number and quality?  What is more important quantity or quality?  How many people are used to produce this number?
Now what would be your acceptable number of perfect screens produced per hour by a new hire?  That is where most people get their start in our wonderful industry.

Not joking here.  Doing some research on industry numbers.

What size shop are you?

Thanks
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
Re: What is your number?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »
We know our guys can do 15/hour that are acceptable, sometimes pushing 20. This is one person doing the entire process. A new hire should be able to get to this number within a week or two, it's not a hard job at all.

I'm not going to answer the quality/quantity question.....

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
Also, I'd say we are a small mid-level shop. One auto press, pumping out on average 5000 prints/month, yet lately our numbers are climbing big time, with over 13000 prints in the past three weeks.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 04:32:54 PM »
Scott let's himself in on Sat mornings at like 6:30am, by noon, he usually does an average of 40, 23x31 screens, that is de-inking, pulling tape from both sides, then ink washing with beenie doo, haze removing, then degreasing. If we can have them de-inked and de-taped for him before he comes in, he gets up into 60-80 screens, perfectly clean , enough that couple M&R techs have commented on how clean our screens are, not because of me, Scott is just a wonder boy of OCD cleaning, he really takes pride in it and treats it as one of the most important steps in our process, which it really is, crapy reclaiming, crapy coats and end screens. I only wish he would leave FedEx and come on fulltime with us because he would be a power house here. He gets a nice 2 in the dip tank 2 draining on the draining rail, 2 in the booth system going once he is in the emulsion removal stage. I know he could double his output if he wasn't so OCD, but I prefer the OCD to know that he never rips a screen, never leaves me a fisheyed future screen, and never leaves any residues on the frames. Don't know if any of that info helps lol, but that's what we do. Busier weeks, one of us others will knock out a couple to a few dozen screens, never as nice as his, but gotta keep them going ya know.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 05:00:30 PM »
We don't actually track that here, as our one screen guy keeps up; he reclaims, coats and exposes and touches up. Stretches too obviously, but we're a mid size, so no one does that all day. Reclaiming ready to be coated, probably 30 - 23 x 31, closer to 50 for hand screens (18 x 23).

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »
Is this the same thread as the one I just posted in?  Oh well, I'll elaborate a little more on this one I guess.

20 per hour, minimum.  New hires will be half of that for a week or so then they'll be up to speed after a week...hopefully.  I expect the mesh to be completely free of any impediments within the squeegee path area.  If there is a spec of emulsion in a corner or several inches away from where the squeegee will touch I won't worry about it.  I'd like the sweet spot to be as clean as it was the day I stretched the screen.  Ghost images will try to be removed but we won't spend 30 minutes on one since most ghosting has no "noticeable" affect on ink transfer.  One guy does the reclaiming for the most part but there have been times where one guy was de-taping while the other was de-inking and putting them in the dip tank. 

We have switched dip tank chems to the CCI Gemzyme from Easiway Supra and I think my guys like it better.  I haven't personally tested it yet to know for sure if it's better and I don't trust my guys' opinions much these days when it comes to how a chemical performs.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.