Author Topic: Help with bitmap question  (Read 1843 times)

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Help with bitmap question
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »
Ok I can use illy cs6 or corel x6. I am trying to take a bitmap and show the customer a proof of what it would look like on white shirt in royal ink. So since its a bitmap I made it greyscale. My problem is getting the color of the image to look like it would in royal ink.  Since its shades/gradients of royal. Is there an easy way to do this? I have been using corel since 9.  Some illustrator when I have to.
What am I missing???

Thanks,
Shane

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Help with bitmap question
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »
In Illy CS5 and 6, you can drop/place a psd grayscale image straight into Illy and then assign it a PMS color. BAM! Done.  If having troubles, save as a tif and try that.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline easyscore

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:05:32 AM »
Thanks Dan!

Just had a customer ask for this type of image. I used to show the grayscale image with a color swatch next to it.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »
What Dan said... I'll often times convert the grayscale to Bitmap in Photoshop, using the halftone method, then save as a .tif. When you drop that onto a background or shirt image, and save it as a .pdf, your customer can zoom in and see the actual halftones the way they will appear on the shirt...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »
in corel you can convert it to a monochrome bitmap and then use the outline color to change the color of the bitmap to anything you want it to be.

monochromes are perhaps the best thing to happen to us around here.  they are so easy to use.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 10:05:59 AM »
in corel you can convert it to a monochrome bitmap and then use the outline color to change the color of the bitmap to anything you want it to be.

monochromes are perhaps the best thing to happen to us around here.  they are so easy to use.

X2....love my mono chrome button in fashion factory. I can not think of a design where i didn't use it. one button and boom, done. well worth using corel just for this easy feature, I think.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:41:36 AM »
I can't believe i didn't know that about corel. Ugh!!!

Thanks alot,
Shane