Author Topic: Man....  (Read 14732 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Man....
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2011, 05:53:56 PM »
I remember the dryer issue. I would not delete  a bad post. I think that would be worse than leaving it. Fake ones yes but real post no.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2011, 06:33:53 PM »
Negative posts on forums, Facebook, etc,  that are IGNORED (or deleted) by the company reflect poorly on the company. Negative post that are ADDRESSED by the company are a great way to handle customer relations and can win a customer(s) for life.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 06:39:25 PM »
Freshbaked I agree with you on that and I know Rich will agree allso...but I would still delete post when I know that person can not be help no matter what we do or how hard we try.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Northland

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2011, 06:40:27 PM »
I thought I posted something under this thread, was it deleted?

I asked whatever happened with SPOF stock and if Printex is paying the shareholders for the advertisement there.

Any SPOF stockholders care to share the stock details? Would be interesting or really boring but curious non the less.
I think I was one of the larger share holders. I bought up a lot to help Preston get started when he was having some financial issues. After he started changing into the person he is today I told him to keep them as I wanted no part of his site or supporting of Barnes. He gave them to Johnny is my understanding.

I had 16 shares ($320)..... I don't have any regrets about buying them.
And... I have no regrets about giving them back to Preston.
It's his board to with, as he pleases.

Prestons vision for SPOF doesn't hold my interest any longer.
I thought the site had the potential to earn some income from advertisers.
I think that potential is greatly reduced now.

I also think he underestimated the way SPOF's membership would respond.
But.. at the end of the day his his baby, so have at it.
There was lots of talk about added content for premium members.... never saw any of that

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
Freshbaked I agree with you on that and I know Rich will agree allso...but I would still delete post when I know that person can not be help no matter what we do or how hard we try.
Yea, I hear ya. There is a difference between cheap shots and a customer having a "real" problem. This came out a while back at the other place, as far as some people debating rather to implement a Review section on their website.
Maybe I'm waffling here but you can bet your sweet arse that I would delete a cheapshot or petty prick from casting me in a negative light. I mean, why would a person rant on a forum but never had made any attempt to contact the company directly? It's only getting worse with Facebook, etc.

I was referring to something more like this hypothetical post:
POSTER: "My model XYZ  DTG keeps clogging"
COMPANY FORUM RESPONSE: Sorry to hear that, call us at 555-555-5555 and we may be able to recommend some maintenance steps and some different inks that will help with that problem"

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
Based on this jerk blog post at SPOF:

I removed the hyperlink and just pasted the text here. I figure why give hits over there to build their hit counts.

"Sam Wildt of Palomar Printing http://www.PalomarPrinting.com has once again shown he can be very opinionated -and- quite "Publicly Vocal" ... Potential Clients of Sam Wildt from Palomar Printing should think twice about doing business with a company owner that would say such negative things about professionals in the T-shirt Screen Printing Industry"

I will no longer be doing business with Sam at Palomar Printing. I'm just so grateful that the blogger opened my eyes as to what questionable business practices really are.

You all got my sarcasm, right? :) Sam is one of the most respected printers I know! Which makes the blog post even more laughable.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:50:39 PM by Fresh Baked Printing »

Offline prozyan

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »
owner that would say such negative things about professionals in the T-shirt Screen Printing Industry

Such sweet irony.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 11:04:55 PM »
Just read the BS at P's place posted by you know who about Sam @Polamar.  P lets this happen!.  I think he doesn't have a choice, follow the money, and you'll find the problem.  Used to respect P a lot when he first started, but after his recent associations, I'm done.  Sorry but he did it himself. 

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
Thanks.  Been interesting reading and civilly offered. 

Was thinking.  Years back I worked contract at a company for almost 10 years.  They were going to release us all for being there too long and made me an offer.  I passed on it and one of my clients there said - "hope you didn't sh!t in your lunchbox".  Novel phrase and could probably be said to P. 

As for me, who knows?  Can't look back and guess at what might have happened had I accepted.  Life is too complicated.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
One hell of a door i opened up here, wish i never did....... ;)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
SPOF is officially out of my Bookmarks menu.

It is sad what became of that place :(

Offline Clark

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
SPOF is officially out of my Bookmarks menu.

It is sad what became of that place :(

It's a dump.  A spider infested dump.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »
Well, this place still rocks at least.   ;D
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
I thought I posted something under this thread, was it deleted?

I asked whatever happened with SPOF stock and if Printex is paying the shareholders for the advertisement there.

No deletion from me., and now I see not from Pierre (or anyone else)  either
I've let this go way further than my new-found up-tight biased forum owner persona probably should, but I feel that it's somewhat cathartic and you guys need to vent!
Besides, aside from a few PM's and emails, I would have no idea how the other half lives otherwise.

I probably typed it and forgot to post it, I tend to have more than one thing up on my computer at a time.

Thanks for checking

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »
Well, this place still rocks at least.   ;D

We try, but a lot is up to you guys. The crowd can really help make the show.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?