Author Topic: Impressions Awards Contest  (Read 947 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Impressions Awards Contest
« on: August 22, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »
So who all is entering this year??? I sent in a couple shirts that we did for promo purposes that we are entering into the competition.... Wish we were able to spend some time on them to really make them awesome but we are so busy right now that we just had to run the shirts without adjustments...

Just curious if anyone else was submitting shirts and maybe we could talk about some of the specs.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Impressions Awards Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
I am pretty sure you're going to give everyone a run for their money. You have all of the components. Great art, Great printing and Great seps.

Outside of that, there are some other things that the judges look at and we are not to be given that kind of info. I've tried to get more on it, (The specifics) but it's what helps them break down tie breakers. Kinda off from what we might think they are (from what I hear). Just some other smaller factors and if they have a list of 10 things to look for, the one with the most checked off on the list gets pushed to the next round sort of stuff. I donno. It's been asked many times "how" to best submit a print, but we get no answers. I don't think they always know exactly. Once it's narrowed down to the last 3, in a category, sometimes it might be luck of the draw unless it's an obvious choice.

We have at least one to submit, but it's a fat chance it will take a place since it's very limited in color, VERY, but also very well done. still tho, we may not even enter it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Impressions Awards Contest
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:48:14 PM »
Dan, thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated! I can say we certainly have great art(you know that) but still working on our printing......It's been a bit of a struggle going from film to dts getting the differences dialed in but soon we should have that really dialed in well. I figured there was a lot of specifics the judges look for so instead of beating ourselves against the wall we decided just to print some promo shirts and send in the production run shirts.... Had we actually dedicated time to this I feel we would have done better with the printing but since this is our first shot at sending in printed shirts we figured we would just submit the prints we are doing on a daily basis..... We ran several hundred shirts and just pulled some out to send in so nothing was real special. Obviously our artwork is really nice so that helps us out but it will be cool to see what people think of our prints. I know we are no andy anderson or blue moon but our shirts should represent our daily production pretty well.

It should be fun to see if anyone here submits prints that we could discuss. Anyone else? I take it everybody is too busy to submit prints, lol! I know we sure would have liked to put some time in them but we are too busy right now for that.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse