Author Topic: Printing - Squeegee speed  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Printing - Squeegee speed
« on: August 14, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
What effect does the squeegee printing speed have on the print?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Printing - Squeegee speed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »
IMO nothing without all the other stuff going on say squeegee pressure, Duro of the squeegee, angle, mesh ct, ink thickness, but just to try and give you an answer Ink deposit on the shirt.  I'm sure other's will jump in here with better info than what I'm giving ya LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »
more speed = less fibrillation and a bit more ink

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »
more speed = less fibrillation and a bit more ink

ineresting! We got less ink deposit with the speed increase. We typically run the white at 3 and colors at 4 (MHM E-type, same as poster). Not sure what happens when you go from 7 to 8 or from 8 to 9 though. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 02:35:07 PM »
The general rule here is slowest possible flood without slowing down the run (except for WB, faster flood there) and fastest stroke speed that the Gauntlet can handle (it has it's limits with the air heads chattering and skipping).

In most cases (emphasis most, not all) I see better deposit from increased speed with both WB and plasti inks but going back to Darryl's comment; angle, duro, sharpness, shape is all going to factor in.  Some combinations will suffer with higher stroke speed, some will excel and I'm still learning which do which.