Author Topic: THANKS TO GILLIGAN!!  (Read 1126 times)

Offline mavgraph

THANKS TO GILLIGAN!!
« on: August 09, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »
Just have to give a huge thanks to Gilligan. I had problems moving my website to a new host and he really helped me out so it is back up. That is what these boards are all about, people helping people to be successful.
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: THANKS TO GILLIGAN!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
COOL!

did the webarchive thing help?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »
Yes it did. Thx!
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »
Have to agree. Gilligan is a stand up guy!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 03:10:20 PM »
nice....

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »
Hey, I didn't do anything any of you guys wouldn't have done.

Just trying to pay it forward when and where I can... I get a lot from the great minds/people on this forum, so only fitting I do what I can.

He also "thanked" me with some film, so it wasn't completely out of the kindness of my heart, but I'm sure it was still a heck of a deal for him vs hiring someone like us straight up.

Pierre, if nothing else it helped me to know if the sit I got working was the right one... The files were kind of a mess. :)

I also have to thank my 3 year old for patiently/quietly watching cartoons while I worked on it last night... Definitely a hard task to do if you can't focus, several lines of code across several files in various locations, and then hunting down all the "kinks" that reer(sp) up when moving a database site like that over. It was the first time I had a couple of hours to dedicate to it since I said I'd fix it and the wife was busy painting the new location for our other business so I was on baby duty (she's not nearly as patient with the wife while she tries to work).

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
Hey, I didn't do anything any of you guys wouldn't have done.

Just trying to pay it forward when and where I can... I get a lot from the great minds/people on this forum, so only fitting I do what I can.

He also "thanked" me with some film, so it wasn't completely out of the kindness of my heart, but I'm sure it was still a heck of a deal for him vs hiring someone like us straight up.

Pierre, if nothing else it helped me to know if the sit I got working was the right one... The files were kind of a mess. :)

I also have to thank my 3 year old for patiently/quietly watching cartoons while I worked on it last night... Definitely a hard task to do if you can't focus, several lines of code across several files in various locations, and then hunting down all the "kinks" that reer(sp) up when moving a database site like that over. It was the first time I had a couple of hours to dedicate to it since I said I'd fix it and the wife was busy painting the new location for our other business so I was on baby duty (she's not nearly as patient with the wife while she tries to work).

Thats what makes the boards great. Trading ones knowledge back an forth is a win win for everyone.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 05:50:12 PM »

Thats what makes the boards great. Trading ones knowledge back an forth is a win win for everyone.

I wish that everyone saw it that way.
Amazingly, I know folks out there, on the old board, on the Facebook Refugees, and even here that don't share because they see giving some hard-learned information too easily as a threat to their pride or livelihood.
These folks still enjoy the camaraderie, but draw the line at actually helping strangers. (Strangers just get the reports on what concerts they last attended, their pics from the '70's, and/or car talk).

Hell, I wish that they too were a little more forthcoming, but in the end, it's all good.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?