Computers and Software > RIPs

AccuRIP and the dot gain setup....WTH!!!!

<< < (4/9) > >>

blue moon:

--- Quote from: Sbrem on July 30, 2013, 08:08:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: blue moon on July 29, 2013, 06:37:24 PM ---as with the rest of the AccuRIP, Charlie is trying to make the printer's life easier. It does make more sense to enter data that way.

I do think that we tried what he is saying, but at least we know now what's supposed to be done. I'll look around and see if I can find the old films I read for everybody and give the numbers to enter into the curve dialog.

pierre

--- End quote ---

We should actually print the test target that comes with AccuRIP (in the dot gain control dialog) according to Charlie, but I'm not exactly sure how that would make a difference... anyway, this should end the head scratching. (Really, when the film came out darker, didn't it just suck the air out of you? :o)

Steve

--- End quote ---

does the target have the % indicated for the fields? If you guys send those over, I'll take the readings. . .

pierre

Sbrem:
Yes, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 95 and 100. I just printed 2 out, I'll send one out today.

Steve

middletownink:
Steve
Thanks so much for that info.  I think my issue was not having that raw file read. I had a file read straight out of Illustrator. With the option to lock your angle and lpi in accurip, that makes more sense.  I will print mine out today and have it examined.  I will report my findings.  There really are soooooooo many variables here to consider.  It kinda makes you head spin!!!

blue moon:
got Steve's films and took the readings. For most ppl with AccuRIP using his settings will be pretty close until they get the actual readings.
Here's what came up:
lefts side is the printed percentage followed up by the actual readings (the number to be entered into the adjustment fields)
 5-9
10-17
20-29
30-42
40-55
50-65
60-75
70-84
80-90
90-97
95-99.5
100-100

pierre

Sbrem:
Thanks Pierre, that's great. Can't wait to have the next job go through... I hope I don't have to correct or re-output some old files, I'll have to output the whole job :o

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version