Author Topic: I would appreciate any advice on this print  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: I would appreciate any advice on this print
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »
Just FYI, 2 minute tunnel dwell at ~ 325F should cure your DC/WB if you can run the dryer that slow and not be too hindered by burying the belt then I wouldn't let your dryer hold you back. We run it often with 8' of heat on a 24" belt on an old HIX with no air, and it's only a problem on really big prints or really large runs (500+pcs.).
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 09:55:37 PM »
I'm with Wayne, but then I'm about the same age. I'd use a highlight white with a higher mesh count underbase, but can usually pull off a good print without one using a 156.

Like 2 peas in a pod, lol.  156 is exactly the mesh I use for both an underbase and white solid when I'm bypassing the highlight.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 05:09:37 PM »
Over here we would probably discharge it but if plastiol it would be:
150s underbase
flash
230s or 310s depending on what screens we had available for the rest
yellow
red
flash
highlight white

why would you flash after the red? is it because the red and white touch?

Sorry for the delay, for the first time every we had 5 pallets of shirts delivered to our shop and breaking it down and finding the room while keeping the shop going is quite a chore for a two man show.

We would flash before the white to prevent blurring and to eliminate the possiblity of the red ink contaminating the white ink on the highlight screen.  If using S mesh you could also just print the underbase screen twice (php) and not use a highlight, S mesh will give greater opacity with less ink deposit if hand is a concern going this route.  If you want to check out the CCI discharge system come stop by our shop and you could see it it would be a good fit for you.  My only concern would be proper ventilation for you if you are printing from home.  We have a hood on the infeed and outfeed of 12' of heat that has a blower where they exit the building which helps with discharge.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:12:06 PM by ScreenPrinter123 »

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »
Over here we would probably discharge it but if plastiol it would be:
150s underbase
flash
230s or 310s depending on what screens we had available for the rest
yellow
red
flash
highlight white

why would you flash after the red? is it because the red and white touch?

Sorry for the delay, for the first time every we had 5 pallets of shirts delivered to our shop and breaking it down and finding the room while keeping the shop going is quite a chore for a two man show.

We would flash before the white to prevent blurring and to eliminate the possiblity of the red ink contaminating the white ink on the highlight screen.  If using S mesh you could also just print the underbase screen twice (php) and not use a highlight, S mesh will give greater opacity with less ink deposit if hand is a concern going this route.  If you want to check out the CCI discharge system come stop by our shop and you could see it it would be a good fit for you.  My only concern would be proper ventilation for you if you are printing from home.  We have a hood on the infeed and outfeed of 12' of heat that has a blower where they exit the building which helps with discharge.

Cool..thanks for the invite...id love to go check out your place....let me know when its good time...im curious to see the discharge printing process.
Mark

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »
We are printing a 3000 piece discharge job on Monday.  Both Brian and myself will be on press so we wont be able to give you the grand tour but your welcome to come peek your head in if you would like.  Heck we may even let you check and box a few shirts ; )

Just PM if you think you would like to stop by.