Author Topic: Art and Clip Art  (Read 1125 times)

Offline dlac

Art and Clip Art
« on: August 07, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »
Big part of doing freelance graphics (especially in world economy) is to try and use some clip or old art where you can without it being obvious.. I did this design couple of weeks ago for a contest and while I t hought it was decent, client didn't.. went for cleaner more upscale.. not who I am ..LOL.. Bottom line is old art and clip art but you folks who are in the business, can you say.. oh yah I have seen that.. it's clip art..
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Art and Clip Art
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »
Nice job. Nothing wrong with that at all. Clip art works when needed. :) Everyone has a different need. Some want new and more unique art that nobody has. Great if the customer is willing to pay the extra $.  Many are, many aren't.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:54:37 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »
When we need to do the art for a customer, there is usually a discussion of some length, to be sure we don't head down any dead ends. I'm sure most of us here have been there, done that. If we can't get something done in house, then I have no qualms in getting outside art. Of course, the customer pays for that, plus any additions we may have to do. But I do find that getting a good idea of what they want, even if I tell them to send me some kind of reference as to the style, goes a long way toward a happy customer, we involve them in the search.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:59 PM »
Been there done that just awhile back Dan did a piece for us and the customer totally went the other way and gave us clipart which I thought was custom, didn't fool Dan one bit, but they still paid custom art fee..Dan and myself can't work for free.  Much like you Steve I try to get all the info I can so we only have to change minor things if any..

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!